[2A03 + FDS] M. Bison Theme

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Anonymous_llopi

Re: [2A03] M. Bison Theme (WIP)

Postby Anonymous_llopi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:38 am

I think you are wrong about the C#-3, D-3, D-3 C#-3, C#-3, D-3, D-3 sequence :!: , here is a screenshot of the pulse 2 and triangle from the GB version, as you can see the sequence start after the D-3 in the triangle when the note it's over (Maybe it's different in other versions :?: )
Edit: I finished the song, should i make a new post or edit the post name (remove the WIP) ?

rainwarrior
Forum Staff

Re: [2A03] M. Bison Theme (WIP)

Postby rainwarrior » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Editing your original post is fine, but leave behind enough information to know that the thread was once about the WIP version.

BioMechanicalDude

Re: [2A03] M. Bison Theme

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Listened to the Game Boy version again. It is indeed how you made it, and yes, it is different in other versions, which is why it felt out of rhythm to me. Well, you've finally finished the song! Congratulations! :D It's actually pretty accurate to the Game Boy version, I just haven't listened to that version enough, to know what you were going for. For a first cover, it's pretty amazing, actually. Definitely better than my first covers. (Then again I tried covering "Tubular Bells" and the "Put that cookie down" remix. I'm weird, I know) I guess the last bit of advice I can give you now is, for future projects, it's good to make your patterns more structured. What I mean is, separating different parts into different patterns. That will help you get oriented with longer songs. Or I could've just quoted Street Fighter 1: "What strength! But don't forget they're guys like you all over the world!", which in the game sounded like "Bwa-bwa! Bwa-bwa-bwa-bwa" OK, now I'm rambling... I hope to see more from you in the future! With some experience, you can definitely make some great covers! ^_^
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

Anonymous_llopi

Re: [2A03] M. Bison Theme

Postby Anonymous_llopi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:15 pm

The GameBoy PCM it's different from the nes triangle, so i made a version on the FDS and i have replicated the gameboy PCM wave
Attachments
M. Bison FDS.ftm
(28.1 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

BioMechanicalDude

Re: [2A03 + FDS] M. Bison Theme

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Pretty cool. Now it sounds a lot closer to the original and the bassline is more audible. Nice update.
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:17 pm

By the way, do you plan on making future Street Fighter covers? I'd love to see how you would do other themes.

Anonymous_llopi

Postby Anonymous_llopi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 pm

BioMechanicalDude wrote:By the way, do you plan on making future Street Fighter covers? I'd love to see how you would do other themes.

Yes, yesterday I tried to make the vega's theme (SNES), but vega is not in the gb version so it's too hard to make it on 2A03 :? , other problem is that I don't know what BPM exactly (130- 160) it has and i think i am putting the channels wrong
Here's the official MIDI: http://www.hamienet.com/midi37463_Super ... l-man.html
Possible wrong channels (audacity, the SNES used channel): https://mega.nz/#!nd80mBIK!3RJpKfjGRPdP ... 80oKcW0ekQ
Attachments
Vega's Theme 0.1 .ftm
(5.07 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:18 pm

Well, yes, the rhythm is definitely off. I still haven't figured out a technique for it, so most of the time, I stick to speed 3 (6 works too, I guess) and adjust the tempo, depending on how fast or slow the song goes. Though the problem here is not the speed, rather the rhythm of the percussion. It's all over the place. One thing I should've warned you about is OpenMPT and how it handles MIDI files. Sometimes the rhythm will be right, but a lot of times it's messed up, with shorter notes appearing at times. So don't trust the exact placement of all the notes in OpenMPT, especially if you play it and it doesn't sound right. Right now, the only way of getting the percussion and rhythm right is to listen to the song itself and figure them out by yourself. Listen for snares and basically louder drum noises, or tap your foot, along with the rhythm of the song. That way you should discover the simplest version of the rhythm. Put it in Famitracker and figure out the placement of the drums, until it's right. Of course, the "simple rhythm" will have only one or two drums, so later you can make it more complex, by adding other drums. I made a little example, to show you what I mean.
As for the channels, the best way to pick out which one to use is, to listen to most of them one by one, until you find the lead melody, the melody for the chords, maybe a counterpoint melody and the bassline. Then you'll know which notes to use.
Hope that helped! :)
Attachments
Vega Rhythm Test Thingy.ftm
This is the example I made
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Anonymous_llopi

Postby Anonymous_llopi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:09 pm

it's too hard so I think I will make this theme in the future when I get more used to famitracker, for now i will make covers of the GB or nes games

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Well, yeah, you do have to experiment a lot with trackers and music making in general. I've spent a lot of time, just playing around with Famitracker, without actually making something, but now the stuff I'm describing are pretty easy for me, so you should definitely practice.

Return to “Cover Music”