[2A03]Kevvviiinnn-Stage 30

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Kaizo_Zhang_15

[2A03]Kevvviiinnn-Stage 30

Postby Kaizo_Zhang_15 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:35 pm

I just finished another Kevvviiinnn stage cover.
The song is known as Mega Man Unlimited's Wily stage 3,named "Standing On Tattered Feet" in MMU's OST system.
If this cover is accurate enough,maybe I will work on stage 44 or stage 45 then.
2016/7/4:Silly me.I typed all the vibrato virbrato.
Attachments
Kevvviiinnn_Stage_30_v1.1.ftm
(19.47 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Kevvviiinnn_Stage_30.ftm
(18.83 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by Kaizo_Zhang_15 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I did nothing right.

PaulMannIV

Re: [2A03]Kevvviiinnn-Stage 30

Postby PaulMannIV » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:03 am

I'm still waiting for somebody to cover Stage 34 v2, personally, but that's just me.

Hearing this song covered properly on Famitracker, especially considering I particularly enjoyed this song, brings a tear to my eye.
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?

Kaizo_Zhang_15

Postby Kaizo_Zhang_15 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:33 am

PaulMannIV wrote:I'm still waiting for somebody to cover Stage 34 v2, personally, but that's just me.

Kevvviiinnn composed stage 34 for Mega Man Time Tangent,and I'm sure in 2009 or 2010 TT Team fully covered this song.I couldn't find this thread immediately but I know the file name is "mmtt_sprint_man.ftm".It's a Wily 2 theme.(Then replaced by Commandycan's Trapped Under Ice,still great song.)

PaulMannIV wrote:Hearing this song covered properly on Famitracker, especially considering I particularly enjoyed this song, brings a tear to my eye.

I'm glad you like it.Thank Kevvviiinnn for composing :lol: !
Actually I'm not satisfied with the hihat.It doesn't sound like the original.Besides I don't know if there are wrong notes or so on...
I did nothing right.

danooct1

Postby danooct1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:38 am

PaulMannIV wrote:I'm still waiting for somebody to cover Stage 34 v2, personally, but that's just me.

Hearing this song covered properly on Famitracker, especially considering I particularly enjoyed this song, brings a tear to my eye.

here you go, song 26. last modified date is over six years ago, lol.
Attachments
mmtt.ftm
(80.07 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
famiTRACKER

PaulMannIV

Postby PaulMannIV » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:16 am

danooct1 wrote:

here you go, song 26. last modified date is over six years ago, lol.

What is this absolute nonsense?

Great, danooct. You got my wanted to really get back into this program. STAHP. STAHP MOKIN MEE

No, but seriously. I want to get one cover in before I move to Florida Thursday.

Thanks for the link.
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?

epic1sound

Postby epic1sound » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:33 pm

Kaizo_Zhang_15 wrote:Actually I'm not satisfied with the hihat.It doesn't sound like the original. Besides I don't know if there are wrong notes or so on...

Sounds really good!

I did notice that the note cuts (Sxx) commands towards the end where it builds weren't sounding right so I changed it from S0B :lol: to S02 right before the next note, just like the bass trick. This seemed to work.

I also noticed that where the Pulse 2 does it's little riff in Frame 7 & 8 it sounds like there should be a few bends in there. I added some Q21s after the initial note, dropped down a half-step for the bend effect. Also, changed the volume to D, I thought it sounded too quiet; your call on that one.

Everything else was spot on. Another great cover!
Attachments
Kevvviiinnn_Stage_30_epic1edits.ftm
(19.55 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Famitracker on a Mac... It's possible because I do it.

Andy P. Scott
epic1
SoundCloud
YouTube

Kaizo_Zhang_15

Postby Kaizo_Zhang_15 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:57 pm

epic1sound wrote:I did notice that the note cuts (Sxx) commands towards the end where it builds weren't sounding right so I changed it from S0B :lol: to S02 right before the next note, just like the bass trick. This seemed to work.

You're right,with this the part gets better(I thought this part was a little bit strange at first,but soon dismissed it.)

epic1sound wrote:I also noticed that where the Pulse 2 does it's little riff in Frame 7 & 8 it sounds like there should be a few bends in there. I added some Q21s after the initial note, dropped down a half-step for the bend effect. Also, changed the volume to D, I thought it sounded too quiet; your call on that one.

It sounds like...Tornado Man?I listened to the original song again and found there wasn't any pitch bend at all...But the volume should be louder.This is right.
I modified it like this:
Kevvviiinnn_Stage_30_v1.1.ftm
(19.47 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
I did nothing right.

epic1sound

Postby epic1sound » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Kaizo_Zhang_15 wrote:It sounds like...Tornado Man?I listened to the original song again and found there wasn't any pitch bend at all...But the volume should be louder. This is right.

You're right about this. I just listened to it again. I did this without referencing the original, so it was all from memory. I think this sounds good.
Famitracker on a Mac... It's possible because I do it.

Andy P. Scott
epic1
SoundCloud
YouTube

iYamWhatIYam

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:09 am

fuck

i'm doing wily 2 mmu and was going to do wily 3 when i was done

why must you ninja me like this whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I have permanently switched to 0CC-FamiTracker. If and when JSR decides to update vanilla FamiTracker at this point is entirely out of the question for me.
YouTube
Twitter

Kaizo_Zhang_15

Postby Kaizo_Zhang_15 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:54 am

iYamWhatIYam wrote:fuck

i'm doing wily 2 mmu and was going to do wily 3 when i was done

why must you ninja me like this whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Well, I've finished Wily 2 already,though not satisfied...
And if I wasn't preparing for my final exam,I would be workig on Wily 4 now.......
I did nothing right.

Return to “Cover Music”