Doctor Who Theme (VRC6) Beta 0.5

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Bjoern the Smexy

Doctor Who Theme (VRC6) Beta 0.5

Postby Bjoern the Smexy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:03 pm

I recently got into Doctor Who and binged the whole series (new series that is) and having now experienced one of the most iconic and memorable themes in TV history I decided to give it my own take.

It's currently in a looped state because I just can't think of a good finish for it.

ALL the original themes for reference (sans the current one):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkcHgI_TIYQ

Hope you enjoy it!
Attachments
DrWho.nsf
Loopy woopy NSFy...stuff
(13.83 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
DrWho.ftm
Loopy woopy Fami Tracky...stuff
(15.91 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

BioMechanicalDude

Re: Doctor Who Theme (VRC6) Beta 0.5

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:27 pm

Wow! Amazing cover! Well, that Triangle lead could've used some reverb at the beginning, but that's just me. Still this is great, all the instruments are very well-mimicked, I also really love those DPCM Snares. Overall, this is a great cover. Good Job!
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

Bjoern the Smexy

Postby Bjoern the Smexy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:25 am

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D

The snares are actually just your simple AC97 standard MIDI Electronic DrumKit Snares imported at Quality 15 and Volume +8dB. They're very effective though and they don'T drown out against the noise channel's additional snare sound.

Also, I made this thread while it was way too hot here so my brain couldn't find the right words, but this actually isn't so much a cover as it is a new arrangement or interpretation of the theme. It doesn't follow any specific DW theme (except for the beginning where I sorta recretae the 1st Doctor's theme). There are parts from pretty much all the themes in it and once I think of a nice way to end it and break it out of it's looped state there's probably gonna be some very unique stuff too. At least that's what I'm planning with this. :D

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to hear how that will sound!
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.