Target: Renegade - Parking Garage (Stages 1-3) [2A03, Beta 5]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
mmaker

Target: Renegade - Parking Garage (Stages 1-3) [2A03, Beta 5]

Postby mmaker » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:47 pm

First project I've finished in FamiTracker after procrastinating for a bit too long. (Or any tracker for that matter. Hell it's my first cover from scratch.)
I've always wanted to cover one of Tim Follin's songs and this happened to be one of my favorites, so I was like 'why not.'

Some parts such as 00 and 1B-1D I couldn't get sounding quite right and I had to refer to nsfplay for a few parts of the solo, but other than that I think it's pretty solid. also didn't realize i was using the beta until i was nearly finished oops
Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
parking_garage.ftm
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

FloppyDisk

Re: Target: Renegade - Parking Garage (Stages 1-3) [2A03, Beta 5]

Postby FloppyDisk » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:01 am

This is good! :)
For the most part, the notes and instrumentation are correct, although the tri drums are a bit different.
As for the notes, from frames 13-16 pulse channel 2 is incorrect in a couple of places (that part is tricky), and like you said frames 1B-1D are also a bit off. There are probably some other things I missed, but other than that, this is solid work!
Don't copy that floppy!

I have a Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbvooz ... NbuSAKbn5w
There's pretty much nothing there, but y'know, just in case.