Cave Story: Last Battle [VRC6] [2A03]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
SmartKid

Cave Story: Last Battle [VRC6] [2A03]

Postby SmartKid » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Link to original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zW7Dmx9WYQ&list=PL0A12ED38862DB0F5&index=31

This one is as accurate to the original as I could get it. The only liberties I took were a softer note release and added echo. I actually like the versions without DPCM samples better, seeing as the samples didn't come out as clean as I would like.

Maybe after I finish my full OST cover of Ace Attorney 1, I'll cover every Cave Story song next.
Attachments
CS - Last Battle [2A03].ftm
(40.14 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
CS - Last Battle [VRC6].ftm
(59.28 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Like my covers? I have tons more on my YouTube channel.

Teuthida

Re: Cave Story: Last Battle [VRC6] [2A03]

Postby Teuthida » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:05 pm

Hmm...covering every Cave Story song... That's going to be quite an effort! If you do that, I'd pick another chip besides VRC6, considering that DynamiteMan.exe already did that using that chip. Maybe VRC7? Also, if you do that, could you please cover the beta songs(People of the Root, Pier Walk, etc.)? Nobody else has done those.

As for the actual cover, I like it a lot! As someone who obsessively listens to the music of Daisuke Amaya, I can tell that these are both faithful arrangements. Keep it up!
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

Bramble

Re: Cave Story: Last Battle [VRC6] [2A03]

Postby Bramble » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:08 am

Wow this is so cool, you managed to do really good not losing any of that epic feeling on the 2A03 version! This has got to be one of my favorite songs in Cave Story, for sure! And I agree with Teuthida, seeing a VRC7 arrangement of each song would be pretty interesting, but even if you went with VRC6 I think you could do a fantastic job! Keep up the good work!
The name's Bramble, nice to meet you!
YouTube and SoundCloud!