Jazz Jackrabbit Bonus Stage & Scraparap [4-N163]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
gmfs139

Jazz Jackrabbit Bonus Stage & Scraparap [4-N163]

Postby gmfs139 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:18 am

Here's a multi-FTM of both Jazz Jackrabbit's Bonus Stage and Scraparap, for the 4 voice NAMCO163 chip + 2A03!
Forgot to upload this one, but I'd definitely love to try some more songs out from this soundtrack! :D
Attachments
JazzJackrabbit1.ftm
(47.76 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

Ralph99

Re: Jazz Jackrabbit Bonus Stage & Scraparap [4-N163]

Postby Ralph99 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:55 am

Hey! It's not bad, good work on these songs! :)
Ciao a tutti! :)
YouTube Account

BioMechanicalDude

Re: Jazz Jackrabbit Bonus Stage & Scraparap [4-N163]

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:57 pm

Wow! It's amazing how faithful these are to the originals! They sound exactly like them... with one exception. The chords. The main chords on Scraparap feel very... minorish. They're not the same as the original, which were more "bright" (don't know the exact notes). Also on the Bonus stage theme, the long pitch slide up goes to a higher note. Did you cover these by ear or did you look at the original .s3m files? I know that some of the chords in the game are actually sampled, so it's hard to determine the notes. This is why I recommend using of the fan-made MIDI files. Otherwise, these are excellent covers. Great job!
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.