MM6 Flame Man's Stage (0CC)

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
BeatMan.EXE

MM6 Flame Man's Stage (0CC)

Postby BeatMan.EXE » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:15 pm

After a LONG time away, I've decided to post something on here for a change. :lol: Keep in mind that this module is in Famitracker 0CC.
RECOMMENDATION: It's best to listen to all of my themes with headphones. I've been told that, when using regular speakers, the balancing can sound a bit... off.
Attachments
Flame Man's Stage (0CC).ftm
(58.76 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Instant success teaches nothing.
There's no better teacher than failure.

Teuthida

Re: MM6 Flame Man's Stage (0CC)

Postby Teuthida » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:48 am

Great song! Flame Man's stage was always my favorite of the initial 8 in MM6. I especially liked the VRC6 lead you had going on as well as an interesting use of the FDS default wave. However, isn't there a rule against posting 0CC stuff?

Link to the rule: http://forums.famitracker.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=255
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

BeatMan.EXE

Postby BeatMan.EXE » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Oh. I have no idea. I was always told to just mark my modules as 0CC if I used it.

PostApocolyptica

Postby PostApocolyptica » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Modules made in any build of the 0.5 beta should be marked accordingly out of courtesy. Any module that contains 0CC-FamiTracker-specific features should not posted to these boards - the fork can save in the *.0CC expansion since 3.14.0 to give users a clearer distinction.

The FamiTracker Module will open in FamiTracker 0.4.6, but 2A03 and MMC5 patterns attempt to use a VRC6 instrument, something which does not work in that build - only 0CC-FamiTracker 0.3.13 and above provides compatible sequence instruments as per the NSF driver.

Attached is a module compatible with FamiTracker 0.4.6 with the necessary patterns adjusted.
Attachments
Flame Man's Stage (0.4.6).ftm
(38.62 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

BeatMan.EXE

Postby BeatMan.EXE » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Thanks for the edit, PA. My only beef with this is that, with 0CC, I'm able to use advanced harmonies along with the regular channels: something I CAN'T really do well any other way. That's why I use 0CC so much.

CaptainSwag101

Postby CaptainSwag101 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:15 pm

BeatMan.EXE wrote:Thanks for the edit, PA. My only beef with this is that, with 0CC, I'm able to use advanced harmonies along with the regular channels: something I CAN'T really do well any other way. That's why I use 0CC so much.

I also agree with your reasoning. This is in addition to the fact that "vanilla" FamiTracker development seems to have halted for an unknown amount of time.
I don't really understand why we're not allowed to post 0CC modules as long as we leave an obvious disclaimer (like we do for Beta modules), or at least have a specific forum section dedicated to 0CC and Beta music or something. But, these aren't my forums, so I don't make the rules.

MechaGrapefruit

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:01 pm

I'm probably not the only person who has difficulty opening shit, but on the computer to which I am financially bound, Famitracker already runs at about half speed, and Famitracker 0CC (for reasons I can't begin to comprehend) runs significantly slower even than that. Like, don't decide what to post to accommodate a single person, but if you're going to post something from 0CC, I would appreciate AT LEAST an .nsf file, please.
This is really good, and the bass in particularly turned out well. In frames 0C to 10, the VRC6 channels get a little loud, and drown out the 2A03 channels and bass, so I'd maybe rebalance a bit. Good work.
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -
Bleep bloop, bleep bleep bloop.

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Here's an .nsf, MG. I like to make random .nsf's out of songs since I like to use the synthesia plugin, so I already had one handy.
Attachments
Flame Man's Stage (0CC).nsf
(24.19 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

BeatMan.EXE

Postby BeatMan.EXE » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Teuthida wrote:I like to make random .nsf's out of songs since I like to use the synthesia plugin, so I already had one handy.

XD LOL
Thank you!

Mega Bruh X

Postby Mega Bruh X » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:49 am

I like the cover, but it's lacking the middle part?
Swiggity Swooty I'm comin' for that booty. I have a YouTube channel right here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOeaYL ... QkIpS_-SBQ