SOOPR MERYO BRUS

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
beachbum811

SOOPR MERYO BRUS

Postby beachbum811 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:01 am

One of my earlier works, before I posted my music up here (and before I knew about Rxx or Vxx lol)
A mashup of the most iconic music from the first 3 Super Mario Bros. Games.
Please give suggestions on how to make it not trash?
mario.ftm
(5.39 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Hello World!
Behold as I run facefirst into the endless abyss of hate that is the internet!
I do Musescore and Scratch with the same username!

OH and I also use beta 0.5 so...

w7n

Re: SOOPR MERYO BRUS

Postby w7n » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:42 am

Learn some music theory.
If you know what the following text means then you will produce much better covers.
D9 G
C F G (F#) F C F Em Am G7
nsf.nesbbs.com under reconstruction, better player might be available in the future.

VRC6 PWM is GAY because it has colours of the rainbow in the NSFPlay keyboard visualizer.

Turbonaator

Postby Turbonaator » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:49 pm

sounds like a mess.

beachbum811

Postby beachbum811 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:57 pm

w7n wrote:Learn some music theory.
If you know what the following text means then you will produce much better covers.
D9 G
C F G (F#) F C F Em Am G7

I am currently learning Music Theory.
I know what each individual chord is, at least.
Is this a progression that you're suggesting me?
Hello World!

Roflo

Postby Roflo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Why the hell do you mix the melodies of SMB 1, 2 and 3 together? What did you excpect. A well-sounding, harmonious tune?

beachbum811

Postby beachbum811 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:46 pm

I already said, this is really old.
Should I just remove it?
Is it that bad?
Hello World!

Doc2211

Postby Doc2211 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:50 pm

No offense. It's not necessarily bad, but it's not exactly well put. If you were going to just put all 3 songs in one song, then you should put them all in the same key. The only way it seems that you actually enjoy this is if you mute the tracks and listen to them one at a time. On that note, this probably should've been a medley rather than a mashup. The difference between a medley and a mashup is that in a medley, you listen to the songs one at a time rather than listening to all of them at once (at least that's what I think).
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering.

soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/soundsync5000

beachbum811

Postby beachbum811 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:30 pm

Doc2211 wrote:No offense. It's not necessarily bad, but it's not exactly well put. If you were going to just put all 3 songs in one song, then you should put them all in the same key. The only way it seems that you actually enjoy this is if you mute the tracks and listen to them one at a time. On that note, this probably should've been a medley rather than a mashup. The difference between a medley and a mashup is that in a medley, you listen to the songs one at a time rather than listening to all of them at once (at least that's what I think).

I do know the difference, since I'm far more proud of this (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2629&p=17944#p17944) (I still don't know how to make links)
They are actually all in the same key, and the same chord progression, but it still sounds terrible.
But If the rhythms were less hectic, then the original tune would be completely gone.
I guess this was a bad idea from the start.
I might return to that medley idea at some point, I guess.
Hello World!

Nintony

Postby Nintony » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:02 pm

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

w7n

Postby w7n » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:38 am

beachbum811 wrote:I do know the difference, since I'm far more proud of this (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2629&p=17944#p17944) (I still don't know how to make links)
They are actually all in the same key, and the same chord progression, but it still sounds terrible.
But If the rhythms were less hectic, then the original tune would be completely gone.
I guess this was a bad idea from the start.
I might return to that medley idea at some point, I guess.

Megaman Mashup: Bomb man is mostly C# mixolydian, Crash man is G mixolydian. Bomb man's chords are varied, from C# major to G# major to F# minor and even C major, while Crash man almost solely consist of G major (seventh) save one part with some C major chords. So how do you mix these two up? You based the cover on Bomb man's chord progressions and changed the Crash man melody parts to fit the chords. With some decent instrumentation, the end result is not bad.
SMB Mashup suffers from three things, unfitting chords, too messy melody and bad instrumentation. This is basically 3 melody parts playing at the same time. Check the attachment for a better (but still cheap) direction.
Attachments
demo.ftm
(15.59 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
nsf.nesbbs.com under reconstruction, better player might be available in the future.

VRC6 PWM is GAY because it has colours of the rainbow in the NSFPlay keyboard visualizer.

Return to “Cover Music”