Ghostbusters Theme

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
CharlieCreston

Ghostbusters Theme

Postby CharlieCreston » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:36 am

I made this based on the original theme, as opposed to the original Ghostbusters videogame theme and I'm curious to hear what other people think of it.
Attachments
Ghostbusters Main theme4.ftm
(12.52 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
FamiTracker isn't the only music program I use. I love to make music.
Feel free to have a listen

zephyrinflateddragon

Re: Ghostbusters Theme

Postby zephyrinflateddragon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:04 pm

It's functional, but rough around the edges. It could use some variation in volume within the instruments, some attack and decay instead of just on/off.
In my opinion, a duty of 2 works much better for your 2a03 channels. The noise percussion could also use some attention with its volume to achieve various sounds aside from just the pitch of the noise.

I'm far too lazy to fully adjust it; I'll let you do that, but here's a terrible demo to show what I mean
ghostbustersminoredit.ftm
(10.98 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

CharlieCreston

Postby CharlieCreston » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 pm

What exactly is 2a03? I'm not really accustomed to the language on here yet. I find that some of the alterations you made are unnecessary, like the notes being faded out rapidly since the actual theme doesn't really seem to do that. The volume is/was an issue but I never thought it was disastrous enough to change.
FamiTracker isn't the only music program I use. I love to make music.
Feel free to have a listen

PaulMannIV

Postby PaulMannIV » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:59 am

2A03 refers to the regular channels, the first five regardless of what expansion chip you use; Square 1 and Square 2 on the left, Triangle, Noise, and DPCM. Anything beyond is part of an expansion chip, which makes it easy to tell what is what.
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?