[Touhou Koumakyou] U.N. Owen Was Her? [MMC5]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Baka94

[Touhou Koumakyou] U.N. Owen Was Her? [MMC5]

Postby Baka94 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:45 am

A cover song of Flandre Scarlet's theme from Touhou Koumakyou ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. I was too lazy to make the "master detune" (+35 cents in this song) that the original song has, because FamiTracker doesn't include this function and I would have needed to do a lot of calculations to get it right. Also, notice the chorus effect playing in the MMC5 channels in frames 12-15 c:
Attachments
U.N. Owen Was Her.ftm
(40.34 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

HertzDevil

Re: [Touhou Koumakyou] U.N. Owen Was Her? [MMC5]

Postby HertzDevil » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:28 pm

The detune is precisely ± 50 cents in both the EoSD version and the Dolls in Pseudo Paradise version. 0CC-FamiTracker provides an edit box to quickly set the detune table value of all notes in cents, whereas the official 0.5.0 beta provides a single detune value, also in cents, for all notes.

Over 2.5 years ago when the most recent FamiTracker build by then was still version 0.4.1, I did apply Pxx effects to every note using values calculated from a spreadsheet; later I used the same spreadsheet to generate hexadecimal period/frequency tables that would overwrite the ones in exported NSFs. Today such tedious procedures are unnecessary whichever latest build one uses.
Attachments
10111 [6-N163] U.N. Owen was Her.ftm
(29.62 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Constructing Chiptune; Construing 8-Bit. Makes 0CC-FamiTracker and MEGA ZUN.

Join my forum for 0CC-FamiTracker discussion and more

Return to “Cover Music”