MechaGrapefruit's Covers

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
MechaGrapefruit

MechaGrapefruit's Covers

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:27 am

Assorted covers I've made, some of which I put on the old forums, some of which are more recent.

Sigma 3.ftm
Whoops bye Zero
(11.39 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Clock Town.ftm
Dawn of the First Day
(27.81 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Arrested Development Intro.ftm
"Now, the story of a wealthy family who lost everything..."
(23.99 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Shia Surprise.ftm
"Wait! He isn't Dead! Shia Surprise!"
(37.93 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Saccharine Dark Lord Astley.ftm
A friend requested this, and didn't think I'd actually do it
(26.03 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -
Bleep bloop, bleep bleep bloop.

FuzzyLizard530

Re: MechaGrapefruit's Covers

Postby FuzzyLizard530 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:14 am

Shia Surprise! Lol! I wondered if that was what I thought it might be! Lol! My guess was correct! I find it rather enjoyable to listen to!

As for Saccharine Dark Lord Astley...

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME! SHAAAAAAAME! Lol!
Honestly, I actually kinda liked it...

Clock Town is... Well it's Clock Town. Enjoyable as such. [I didn't really get into LoZ:MM as much as everyone else... **Shrug**]

Sigma 3 I didn't really recognize, but I can count with one finger how many times I made it that far! :lol:

Arrested Development reminded me of the Mario 3 "Coins in the Clouds" levels at first. Felt like a Mario tune all around, really.

Enjoyable tunes all around!
ollaxe wrote:This. Is. AMAZING!!! No, not sparta, what are you thinking with?

BioMechanicalDude

Re: MechaGrapefruit's Covers

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Now, those are some pretty good covers.
Sigma 3: I would say, that it could've been better, but I'm not sure how to improve it... Hmm... I guess the weird zapping percussion thing(hope you know what I'm talking about) could've been on the Triangle channel, instead of the noise. Also, there could've been some chords, whenever you had the chance to use them.
Clock Town: Believe it or not, I haven't played "Majora's mask", so this is the first time I hear this theme (second time was on Youtube, to hear the original) The cover is quite similar, yet it does its own thing sometimes, which is pretty cool. Also, this is a very happy theme, considering there's A GIANT FREAKING MOON ABOUT TO DESTROY EVERYTHING... Oh, wait, the towns are supposed to represent the 5 stages of grief and this is the first one - Denial. So it makes sense.
Arrested Development Intro: FuzzyLizard530 is right. This does sound like the Coin Heaven theme. Can't blame you, though, that's how the notes are :?
Shia Surprise: Somebody did an 8-bit cover of "Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf"... The Internet is a great place isn't it? MechaGrapefruit, I salute you!
Saccharine Dark Lord Astley: Hell yeah! I don't why people complain so much about this song. I know, rickrolling is annoying, but this song is great, and so is this cover. Very nicely done.
So, yeah, the covers are really nice. I would like to hear future covers! :D
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.