[MMC5] Dialga's Fight to the Finish! (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Baka94

[MMC5] Dialga's Fight to the Finish! (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)

Postby Baka94 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 pm

Battle theme against Dialga in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I didn't actually notice how good this track was until I listened it outside of the game. I don't know if it's because I was concentrating in the fight itself or just that it was so short fight that I didn't hear much of it. Also noticed that this track, Through the Sea of Time, In the Hands of Fate and possibly several other tracks share the same melody.
Attachments
Dialga's Fight to the Finish.ftm
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Stratelier

Re: [MMC5] Dialga's Fight to the Finish! (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)

Postby Stratelier » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:44 am

Good mix, those chords really do work (ironically, this makes the verse's switch from chords to plucks a little distracting). I've never been a fan of DPCM heavy percussion personally but that's just me.

Dialga's battle theme is hands-down one of the top 3 tracks in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series -- and the way it reprises the game's Time Gear leitmotif (like virtually every other track leading up to the Dialga battle) is part of what makes it so powerful. It's a big musical "thank you for playing" even though the credits aren't rolling yet.

Return to “Cover Music”