Raphael the Raven - Paper Mario (VRC6)

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
TurretLord

Raphael the Raven - Paper Mario (VRC6)

Postby TurretLord » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:28 pm

About 8 months ago, I made my first post on this forum. The post detailed a VRC6 cover of the Jade Jungle theme from Paper Mario 64. On that thread, I stated to user PaulMannIV that "I'll probably do Raphael the Raven tomorrow if everything goes as planned."

Needless to say, everything did not go as planned.

So this is a VRC6 cover of Raphael the Raven from Paper Mario 64, made by PaulMannIV's request. Hope it was worth the wait.
Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsfkxOSfCos
Attachments
raphaelTheRaven.ftm
(19.94 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
2/173 of the way through the paper mario OST.

PaulMannIV

Re: Raphael the Raven - Paper Mario (VRC6)

Postby PaulMannIV » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Personally, I would've used the triangle instead of the VRC6 Square 1 for Instrument 09, but otherwise this is probs what I expected to sound like. Good job.
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?

TurretLord

Postby TurretLord » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:08 pm

I dunno, I mainly used the square track because it gives a brighter and sharper tone, I think it cuts through the sound a bit better. Being able to control the volume is also a nice bonus considering it's not a drum. You do have a point though.
Thanks for showing up! To be honest, I didn't expect you to respond, especially so quickly.
2/173 of the way through the paper mario OST.

PaulMannIV

Postby PaulMannIV » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:29 am

I've been ravaged by RL and trying to become a Team Fortress 2 admin (shout out to Disc-FF). I've dawdled with Famitracker a bit more lately, but nothing of good quality to upload yet.
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?