Raptor: Call of the Shadows [07-21 UPDATE] Added Video Version

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
blastvortex

Raptor: Call of the Shadows [07-21 UPDATE] Added Video Version

Postby blastvortex » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:47 am

Or Raptor: Call of the Retro, as I prefer to call it. Should've been out before December, despite obsessive nitpicking. Been in development hell since some time in January. In the end it didn't take all that long to finish, but the constant tinnitus can be a major pain in the arse when it comes to any music related project. I've been trying to make a full vid -- featuring gameplay -- that I want to post to JizzTube, but as it's my first vid, it's taking friggin' forever, so even though I'm still working on that, I'm posting this in advance.

Raptor: Call of the Shadows
Cygnus / Mountain Studios realistic shmup for PC, Published by Apogee back in 1994

Yes, I know Tyrian is loads better and has better music overall, but that's precisely why I did this one. Raptor gets little coverage. Anyway, after my first two failed projects, this was a hell of a undertaking for a smeghead like me with several debilitating medical issues. Hope somebody enjoys it. I did have a lot of fun making it. I posted the NSF and a slew of MP3's on my personal site too, y'know, fur da noobs... gahoit?

RAPTOR.ftm
(71.21 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Last edited by blastvortex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

blastvortex

Re: Raptor: Call of the Shadows

Postby blastvortex » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:53 am

I'm loathe to bumping my own thread in such a manner, but I got done with the video version. It's not so much a mock playthrough as it is a music video, since there's no SFX or anything like that. Oh, and humour... terrible, bone-dry humour. The kind that makes a masters in differential equations "weep like a little girl". Yeah, it's bad, and I'm proud of it. =p

(Had to split it. Actually, had to start split version from scratch. Original editing program went kaboom. Had to go back to even older version. I suck at life. xD)
Part One - https://youtube.com/watch?v=ttdb_EVKg08
Part Two - https://youtube.com/watch?v=lLNKKWCpmoU
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Return to “Cover Music”