[NAMCO 163 6x] In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (and a nice acoustic guitar base for anyone who wants to use it)

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
James_S

[NAMCO 163 6x] In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (and a nice acoustic guitar base for anyone who wants to use it)

Postby James_S » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am

I really like how the guitar came out on this piece.

anyways, it's a good album; check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6H8WcTPnWM

if you want to use this instrment, then just take it and look in the resources song; it has the standard e open notes and the g effects to make it sound authentic along with the up/down noise instruments to get that pick/finger sound.

should I continue? If you look, i already made the intro for king of carrot flowers, but i dont know if i should cover the whole album or cover other things.
Attachments
0004 - c - In the Aeroplane over the Sea.ftm
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
AKA FamicomForever
click for BEPIS!!!!

Amilgi

Re: [NAMCO 163 6x] In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (and a nice acoustic guitar base for anyone who wants to use it)

Postby Amilgi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:23 am

I was wondering when someone would cover NMH! The guitar sounds great, very organic and rich.

I've been working on covers of these guys too (same songs, oddly enough) - but on FDS.
I can tell you probably had a tough of a time as I did trying to transcribe Mangum's vocals haha. I like yours because you added swing to the voice and used Sxx when a note was repeated.

I'd love to see more NMH covers though, for sure. Maybe something from On Avery Island?
Attachments
Communist Daughter v1.ftm
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
ITAOTS Bass + Saw octave.ftm
(12.79 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
King of Carrot Flowers 2A03 octave.ftm
(5.49 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
View my work here: Dropbox

Return to “Cover Music”