[VRC6 Speed 1] Porky's Porkies (Mother 3)

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
PaulMannIV

[VRC6 Speed 1] Porky's Porkies (Mother 3)

Postby PaulMannIV » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:50 am

Let me start by saying that the last time I posted a cover was nine months ago. It's been one hell of a year, filled with personal drama I'm sure nobody here is interested in hearing. So for now...

If you haven't played Mother 3, I don't blame you. The West is NEVER getting a release, so the only plausible way for any of us to play it is a translated ROM. It's better than Earthbound (Mother 2), which, while debatable, is better than Mother 1 short of the grinding for specific equipment. Mother 3 is the most depressing of the trilogy and even features Lucas, which, despite the lack of an overseas release, has gained traction and reputation as a Smash Character.

The covered song in question is Porky's Porkies, the theme when you battle the MechaPorkies. While I won't spoil the story of the game entirely, these same MechaPorkies also appear alongside Porky in the Subspace Emissary storyline in Brawl. Take that as you will.

Note: Due to a few internet limitations, I had to transfer the .ftm and .nsf files to my phone in order to post them here. If there is any issue with either file, let me know and I'll do everything in my power to fix them.

Note 2: Yes I know Frame 0 is off. This was thrown together in 3 hours as is, and that section is incredibly difficult enough to perfectly replicate.

Oh, and the .ftm is compatible with 4.6.
Attachments
Porky's Porkies.nsf
(24.69 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Porky's Porkies.ftm
(129.88 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?

Nuss

Re: [VRC6 Speed 1] Porky's Porkies (Mother 3)

Postby Nuss » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:24 am

This cover is WAAY better than the in-game version! Great job!

glutto

Postby glutto » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:19 pm

If I wasn't already sitting down you would have knocked me right on my ass with this song.

RushJet1
Forum Staff

Postby RushJet1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 pm

This sounds really nice and refined. My only gripe is the vibrato at frame 03 (and throughout) could be a bit stronger. In the original track it's extremely overblown but I feel like this cover tones it down too much. Everything else sounds great though!

Return to “Cover Music”