[VRC6] Mr. Brightside

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
14ml

[VRC6] Mr. Brightside

Postby 14ml » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:08 pm

mr brightside by the killers! i made this in a few hours so it's not the best but i'm happy to share because i like this song a lot. constructive criticism welcome :D
Attachments
MR BRIGHTSIDE.ftm
(84.1 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
it's cool to be good!

Teuthida

Re: [VRC6] Mr. Brightside

Postby Teuthida » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:34 am

Hey, this brings back some good memories! I'd say that the biggest problem is your mixing. Everything's extremely loud, leading to important parts like drums getting drowned out. I recommend putting most of your channels at sub-A levels. This will not only help certain parts stand out, but also give you room for accents and crescendos later on. Another "problem" is that you added an extra note at the song's end; the actual song ends right before that. You could also try to use your channels a little more at the start, but that's just me/ Other than that, thought, it's pretty good; I especially liked your choice of guitar instrument!
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

14ml

Re: [VRC6] Mr. Brightside

Postby 14ml » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:24 am

i fixed the volume channels and it really made a difference! i also clipped off that extra note at the end. i took a few liberties in making harmonies for some verses as you might be able to tell but i wanted the intro to stay true to the song. thank you for the feedback!! ill be more careful with volume channels next time.
Attachments
MR BRIGHTSIDE.ftm
(84.11 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
it's cool to be good!

Return to “Cover Music”