(WIP) One Must Fall 2097 [2a03] - mostly done, still tinkering, suggestions welcome, etc

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
blastvortex

(WIP) One Must Fall 2097 [2a03] - mostly done, still tinkering, suggestions welcome, etc

Postby blastvortex » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:05 am

Been mostly done with this with these for quite some time, but I keep going back and screwing around with them. Good thing sometimes because I occasionally make stupid mistakes, but I really should get this done and move on. Some differences from the original material. Some quiet parts to be expected (honestly, either you can't or can barely hear them in the original material). Mostly trying to get stuff evened out since Noise varies a bit from track to track. Yes, I purposefully avoided using DPCM. [edit] Also, for those unfamiliar with original material, tracks 1, 2, and 7 are pretty much twice as long as the others, at most. The others aren't like that.

Also, track 07 - The Ending - just feels lame/lacking to me. Poor way to end it too. I know I could do something with the second Pulse, but don't wanna stray too far from source material.

Suggestions about any of the above would be appreciated.

[edit] I do really consider tracks 1, 2 (despite being kinda boring), 4, and 5 done, but useful critique may prove otherwise. I have messed around with the Noise on 3 probably too much, entirely volume wise. Never been entirely pleased with that, but the pros and cons of further editing, and then the first intent of volume level to being with.... [blabber, blabber]. Then 6 just doesn't feel as great to me as it used to: some parts, yes, maybe, some parts not. I dunno. Thought about reordering stuff to compensate, don't really think there's a better order. This is supposed to be actual OST order. [blabber, blabber] I'll stop now.

01-Main Menu.ftm
(40.44 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
02-The Stadium.ftm
(20.87 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
03-Danger Room.ftm
(24.19 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
04-Power Plant.ftm
(23 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
05-Fire Pit.ftm
(25.01 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
06-Desert Storm.ftm
(26.12 KiB) Downloaded 8 times