I Covered All The Robot Master Themes from Mega Man 8

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
trebl900

I Covered All The Robot Master Themes from Mega Man 8

Postby trebl900 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:08 am

So far, I like some and I'm okay with some, but I hate Search Man's theme. It just doesn't sound as cohesive as it could be.
Attachments
Mega Man 8 - Robot Masters.ftm
(62.94 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Vanya

Re: I Covered All The Robot Master Themes from Mega Man 8

Postby Vanya » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:13 pm

Cool stuff. I've been on a quest for good 8-bit renditions of every classic Megaman series song for ages.
This will make a really nice addition to my collection. Let's see if I can hobble together some constructive critique for you.

The first thing that stuck out was was frame 3 & 4 of Frost Man's theme.
The way the um.. melody (is that the right term, I'm not a music guy) loses the reverb effect in that one part is a little jarring.

Something in the Pulse 1 channel of Tengu Man seems a little off. I dunno if it's the instrument or the notes.
Then again, I have a perforated eardrum, so maybe it's just me.

In the nicest way possible, ... burn the Search Man cover with fire. :)

Astro Man, I feel would benefit from more of the reverb effect throughout the whole song except in frames 5 & 6.

The rest of the tracks sound great. You do a pretty damn good job of capturing the feel of the MM8 songs while fitting into the overall Classic Mega Man sound. :cheers:

Return to “Cover Music”