(VRC6) I’m back? What? Who besides Wispy even remembers me?

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
PaulMannIV

(VRC6) I’m back? What? Who besides Wispy even remembers me?

Postby PaulMannIV » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:14 am

Wow. It’s been quite some time since even my last cover, hasn’t it? I got my PC back up to...barely working order, enough to get Famitracker up, and I sat down and made three covers that were actually kinda symbolic to me—I’ll explain. If you’re part of the Discord server, you’ve seen these already, but I thought to make it official on the forums.

Eagle Tower - Link’s Awakening

Okay, so this was the first cover I wanted to work on as something...experimental. Part of the experimental factor I’m going to keep hushed until y’all actually listen to the entire thing (a single loop is 3 minutes 29 seconds for a reason), but there was another reason for this to exist. I had once attempted to cover this within my first year or so of using Famitracker—needless to say, I lacked the talent and ear required to get the notes and volumes just right. Now, however, I stood a chance and I think I just about nailed it.

Frantic Factory - Donkey Kong 64

The old people that knew my first posts will know I had previous took a shot at this one, about the same skill level as I was when I failed Eagle Tower. Do yourselves a favor and don’t go back to the old forums to try and find this; your ears, sanity, and view of me will thank you (yes, it’s that bad). I think I’ve finally done the song some justice. Nothing overly experimental, just trying to nail it this time.

Knight Time - Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

This is still...somewhat inaccurate, but it was made in the span of a few hours like the ones above and I was okay with how it sounded. This was especially one of the bangers I wanted to cover for some time and really drove me to get my PC up and running again. It's also the first time I've covered something from Crash Bandicoot, so I thought that was interesting. This is also the one that I can consider a "normal" cover since it's pretty in line with what I'm used to covering on a regular basis.

I hope y’all enjoy. I have a couple small things I want to take care of now that I’ve gotten back in the rhythm of covering songs again.
Attachments
Some Trio of Covers.nsf
(81.88 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Some Trio of Covers.ftm
(308.55 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?

Doom_Destoryer

Re: (VRC6) I’m back? What? Who besides Wispy even remembers me?

Postby Doom_Destoryer » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:07 am

I think I remember seeing you on here in 2017 maybe? IDK, it was quite a while ago. These forums have flat-lined though - pretty sure mods haven't logged on in a year and a half lol.
Had a channel here, but I forgot the email linked to it. So now I'll just use my personal, older channel to upload stuff to.
Little personal code book: s4.6 = Stable version 4.6, b5 = beta 5, 00CX = 00CFT (version number).

Roddy

Postby Roddy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:02 pm

Your name seems familiar to me... I might have seen you around here a few years ago. 2017 as Doom_Destroyer said. I might have some of your FTMs in my hard drive.

Vanya

Postby Vanya » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:49 pm

I do! ... But I'm barely more than a lurker one around here. :P