[6-N163] Mega Man X3 - Volt Catfish

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
HertzDevil

[6-N163] Mega Man X3 - Volt Catfish

Postby HertzDevil » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:41 am

Because 0.5.0 beta 5 supports N163 waves longer than 32 samples, it means I could provide a FTM such that it is formally compatible with 0.4.2 (therefore 0CC-FamiTracker) and that at least one official build is able to play the FTM without errors.
Attachments
volt_catfish_nogroove.ftm
(27.43 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

ollaxe

Re: [6-N163] Mega Man X3 - Volt Catfish

Postby ollaxe » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:27 pm

I have not heard the original, but I must say, it's pretty incredible what you are doing with the N163 semi-sampling. It doesn't even sound 8-bit anymore.

Okay, as for constructive critisism, the volume is a little unbalanced with the leads being a little too loud. And adding some noise drums to the mix would be kinda nice too. I mean, it would make them sound crispier.

Anyway, this is a damn impressively advanced track you've made! You're freaking incredible with this hardware. Damn.
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.