Air on the G String [VRC6]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Pencildragon

Air on the G String [VRC6]

Postby Pencildragon » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:20 am

So this started as a stupid joke because of a thread in the Off-Topic section, but as I started working on it a lot of ideas came into my head so this is a WIP until otherwise stated.

I usually don't like to release things(even covers) until I'm 100% finished with them, because that's just my workflow, but hey maybe this time getting some good feedback as I go will be helpful. The Fxx effects in the DPCM channel might seem incredibly random, but I promise they're not lol. I was trying to emulate how a conductor might be telling an ensemble to slow down and speed up to give the music a bit more expression, which I thought was fitting for a piece of classical music.

Also, I love it when I find out an arrangement I'm working on is in the public domain and the original's sheet music is readily available ;)
Attachments
Nice Boat.ftm
(6.33 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

Overlord99

Re: Air on the G String [VRC6]

Postby Overlord99 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:27 am

T H I N K O F T H E S H I P S

wispybowl

Postby wispybowl » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Overlord99 wrote:T H I N K O F T H E S H I P S

T H I N K O F T H E L I T T L E S H I P S https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8AKP4Tw9sE
I have no signature.

Gors

Postby Gors » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 am

I think there was a NES game with this classical music as OST... I don't remember though

snowolf

Postby snowolf » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Gors wrote:I think there was a NES game with this classical music as OST... I don't remember though

More than one actually

Classical musics are in the public domain and pretty easy to cover. That is why they were common back then.

Pencildragon

Postby Pencildragon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:21 pm

snowolf wrote:
Gors wrote:I think there was a NES game with this classical music as OST... I don't remember though

More than one actually

Classical musics are in the public domain and pretty easy to cover. That is why they were common back then.

Yep, exactly. Somebody just the other day posted a "cover" of the Nokia ringtone, which itself is a snippet of a classical piece- easy to find the sheet music and probably in the public domain which made it a pretty good candidate for a default ringtone.