Sonic 2 - Mystic Cave Zone [2A03]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Cheezwizz

Re: Sonic 2 - Mystic Cave Zone [2A03]

Postby Cheezwizz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:43 am

Wow, since when did this forum become the hug zone? People didn't get this jumpy over edits before the switch. You fucked up a bunch, someone's trying to help. Get over it. I'm officially mad about this forum.

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:47 am

Cheezwizz wrote:Wow, since when did this forum become the hug zone? People didn't get this jumpy over edits before the switch. You fucked up a bunch, someone's trying to help. Get over it. I'm officially mad about this forum.

Thank you for completely misrepresenting my problem with the edits made and making an ass of yourself.

I'm well aware the cover isn't accurate. I would prefer those issues be pointed out to me so I can correct them in my own time and way, rather than have them be corrected by someone else. The problem with editing someone else's work is that everyone has a different style, and everyone has a different perception of what sounds good. In addition, people often apply restrictions to one's own work in order to emulate a specific style (as I did with my cover of the Mega Man 7 Intro Stage theme, which was also edited by ollaxe, undermining the fact that the cover was intended to be Mega Man styled, rather imposing his own style upon the piece) or simply to challenge themselves. And frankly, it's somewhat rude to edit other people's work without permission, unless it is a radical adaptation (like a different arrangement) or an attempt to help someone (and even then it's kind to ask, or at least not edit over the original FTM).

It's a matter of courtesy and respect to fellow artists. There are plenty of other reasons to "be mad" about these boards; this is not one of them.

Also, I love that you felt the need to bump a thread that is over a month old in order to tell me off for creating a "hug-box" environment.

How about this: you can post your modules and I will edit them to suit my own preferences, then I will repost them and flaunt them as being "improved."
Last edited by Threxx on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

retrodpc

Postby retrodpc » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:47 am

What makes me madder is that you bumped a thread to curse someone out.

EDIT: ok i just saw Threxx's reply can we lock this before it shitstorms
Don't copypasta Quotes

my sondclop

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Cheezwizz wrote:Wow, since when did this forum become the hug zone? People didn't get this jumpy over edits before the switch. You fucked up a bunch, someone's trying to help. Get over it. I'm officially mad about this forum.

What was even the point of this post? If you don't have anything useful to say, and are just looking to start a shitstorm, then gtfo. We don't need you nor that kind of attitude here.

retrodpc wrote:ok i just saw Threxx's reply can we lock this before it shitstorms

I'll only lock this thread if Threxx requests so. For now there doesn't seem to be a need to lock this unless it keeps derailing, so let's cut this useless argument here.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:50 pm

This thread has no further purpose. Please lock it.

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm

There we go, thread locked.

EDIT: I just want to add that it's a big shame when a thread gets locked because of one, or a few individuals who just want to pick a fight. Seriously guys, take that shit somewhere else and keep this forum clean, or just gtfo if you're not willing to do that. We really don't need that stuff here, and we certainly don't want people who just like to cause trouble in here either.

I thought this section was dedicated to providing comments and critique on music, not to start stupid arguments on dead threads by people who have nothing better to do.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]