Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
BeatMan.EXE

Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts

Postby BeatMan.EXE » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:10 pm

This is a cover I just made for My favorite place in my favorite game! It's kinda' short, but I'm kinda' lazy! :lol:
Enjoy!
Attachments
phendrana drifts.ftm
(68.9 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Instant success teaches nothing.
There's no better teacher than failure.

BeatMan.EXE

WHOOPS

Postby BeatMan.EXE » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:19 pm

I made a booboo on line 16 with the right-side 2nd pulse. Fixed it and I'm sorry!!! :lol:
Attachments
phendrana drifts.ftm
FIXED IT!
(68.9 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Instant success teaches nothing.
There's no better teacher than failure.

Vanya

Re: Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts

Postby Vanya » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:55 pm

That's a pretty good rendition of the original. Nice work.

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:11 am

I think you missed the part where I disallowed you from using my Mega Man styled instruments further. As creator of this instrument set, I have full control over who can and cannot use it, and I am not comfortable with this continued misrepresentation of how the instruments should be used by you.

Create your own instruments in the future.

I just realized this post is rather old and was bumped by the poster above me, but your more recent postings do not indicate any further improvement in understanding how the instruments are used. My disallowment still applies.

jfbillingsley

Postby jfbillingsley » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:01 am

You must be fun at parties.

danooct1

Postby danooct1 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:17 am

Threxx wrote:I think you missed the part where I disallowed you from using my Mega Man styled instruments further. As creator of this instrument set, I have full control over who can and cannot use it, and I am not comfortable with this continued misrepresentation of how the instruments should be used by you.

Create your own instruments in the future.

I just realized this post is rather old and was bumped by the poster above me, but your more recent postings do not indicate any further improvement in understanding how the instruments are used. My disallowment still applies.

coming from my own experiences with over-zealously protecting the stuff i've made, i think it's important not to take your beep boops too seriously. i abused the hell out of tssf's mega man instrument set for a long time when i was picking up the tracker, and it wasn't coming from a place of maliciousness, i just enjoyed the instruments and i wasn't confident enough to make my own of that caliber.

but they're your instruments and it's entirely your prerogative to watch over them as you wish. this is just my input on the situation.
famiTRACKER

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:16 pm

danooct1 wrote:coming from my own experiences with over-zealously protecting the stuff i've made, i think it's important not to take your beep boops too seriously. i abused the hell out of tssf's mega man instrument set for a long time when i was picking up the tracker, and it wasn't coming from a place of maliciousness, i just enjoyed the instruments and i wasn't confident enough to make my own of that caliber.

but they're your instruments and it's entirely your prerogative to watch over them as you wish. this is just my input on the situation.

I am generally fine with people using my instruments, but not in this poor and misrepresentative manner. If you aren't going to even attempt to use them correctly, then I don't want you using them.

DMT Produktionen

Postby DMT Produktionen » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Wow... SMH

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:10 pm

That blank instrument looks pretty interesting! Can I borrow it?

Joking aside, instruments are just a set of sequences anyone can reproduce but I understand you're the one who made them @Threxx. While I think it's alright that you don't want him to use them anymore, I don't think it's too big of an issue if he doesn't use them to make Mega Man-styled songs. There's definitely a lot more you can do with those instruments imo. But anyway, you decide, since they're yours.

I do think it's rude to keep using something when the author explicitly tells you not to use it anymore though @BeatMan.EXE.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:24 pm

You seem to be under the delusion that you have a copyright and are trying to enforce it
>:( Fuck you hentai boy i hate you squid anus