Window Resizing

Post about feature requests here.
graypesoda

Window Resizing

Postby graypesoda » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:51 am

I feel like famitracker would be a lot more useful with customizable windows! Being able to enlarge the pattern editor vertically would be a great feature, as would being able to set the size of the instrument window. This would make famitracker a more accessible and personalized experience.

Stratelier

Re: Window Resizing

Postby Stratelier » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:35 pm

More flexibility/customization with the UI in general could be a plus, but that might require rethinking how some of the widgets are built/used....

Currently my main gripes with resizing the window are these:
- Items in toolbars sometimes don't wrap to a second line properly
- The space required to "display register state" should (when enabled) be counted as horizontal space you can scroll to (currently this is useless if your module has more than 2-3 extra channels because there's no way to scroll it into view)

PostApocolyptica

Postby PostApocolyptica » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:36 pm

Stratelier wrote:The space required to "display register state" should (when enabled) be counted as horizontal space you can scroll to (currently this is useless if your module has more than 2-3 extra channels because there's no way to scroll it into view)

At the very least, this problem does not exist in 0CC-FamiTracker; since 0.3.8 (improved in 0.3.9), the register state display has been modified and is now much more compact. Furthermore, 0.3.9 and above support "Compact View", wherein only note fields in patterns are displayed. Either of those improvements or features may fulfill what you desire, though obviously I cannot speak for their potential implementation into 0.5 stable (if it gets released) or above.
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:27 am

That is not a solution if the user desires against maximizing the tracker window; already there is little place on a 1366x768 screen if the user docks two applications horizontally (a great Windows feature by the way). On the other hand saying that "compact view" may solve that issue is about the same as saying that the detune settings in 0.5.0 could replace the full tables in 0CC-FT.

What is needed is better organization in the source code. MFC might have already provided some of these functionalities; window docking should work, possibly also allowing floating windows.
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:30 am

HertzDevil wrote:What is needed is better organization in the source code. MFC might have already provided some of these functionalities; window docking should work, possibly also allowing floating windows.

That's more like what I was getting at -- the more flexible a window's interface components, the more standardized those components (or at least their containers) have to be to support it. GIMP, for example, has a very flexible dockable toolbox system, but that means that everything has to fit in a toolbox widget (down to a certain minimum width).

Pencildragon

Postby Pencildragon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Being able to pull the main tracker window out by itself would be a great feature, in addition to moving each component around to your liking.
Since it's related to this topic I'd also like to add that being able to resize the text lower than 10pt would be nice too(0CC already has this feature and it's great when working with VRC7 or N163 on a 720p or less screen).

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:09 pm

Pencildragon wrote:Being able to pull the main tracker window out by itself would be a great feature, in addition to moving each component around to your liking.
Since it's related to this topic I'd also like to add that being able to resize the text lower than 10pt would be nice too(0CC already has this feature and it's great when working with VRC7 or N163 on a 720p or less screen).

I approve of this idea.

Return to “Feature Requests”