NO.54 OST thread [WIP MMC5/VRC6]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
MegaByte

NO.54 OST thread [WIP MMC5/VRC6]

Postby MegaByte » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Hey Guys, remember that game I was working on, well now to has a name :D "Number 54" Anyway heres the current soundtrack. Enjoy and please dont copy these songs. Thanks :D

(Now I have it in originals, sorry about posting in covers)
Attachments
NO.54 OST V.1.8.ftm
Famitracker 5B beta Required!
(91.46 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Last edited by MegaByte on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heheh funny

Potentialing

Re: NO.54 OST thread [WIP MMC5]

Postby Potentialing » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:00 am

Hey! I was listening to a couple of these tracks, and you've definitely got some solid tracks in here. I like Lab: I was actually reminded a bit of Metroid 2 from the sound design, and I love the strange feeling from listening to it. I can also hear some Mega Man cues in here, which is also very welcome.

Can we get some context, like what kind of game were you imagining, how would it play, and what's the story behind it? Also, would you mind if I provide some overall critique on the OST?

MegaByte

Postby MegaByte » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:09 pm

The game its self is very unfinished it may be a while before its done but the plays style of it is like a top down perspective of a metroid game.(Not the traditional 2D sidescroller like a normal metroid game)

The story is you are a military robot somewhere in the year 202X (Havent yet fiugued what year i should have it in. Anyway, you figure out hat the company that build you (C.O.D.E.) has some "DARK" secrets about the robots they've built, so you try to escape. Meeting other robots and people on the way to your escape but, you have to be very careful not to let them capture you along the way.(So there is some stealth to it.) There will be a multitude of choices you can make to change your ending. (Kinda like Undertale) In fact i'm using the same game engine that was used for Undertale.(GameMaker Studio: Pro)

Small bit of trivia:
I made BGM: triumph and SFX: Game Over 2 years ago for a MegaMan 2 Hack that I never finished.
Heheh funny

craftrod

Postby craftrod » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:20 pm

MegaByte wrote:The game its self is very unfinished it may be a while before its done but the plays style of it is like a top down perspective of a metroid game.(Not the traditional 2D sidescroller like a normal metroid game)

The story is you are a military robot somewhere in the year 202X (Havent yet fiugued what year i should have it in. Anyway, you figure out hat the company that build you (C.O.D.E.) has some "DARK" secrets about the robots they've built, so you try to escape. Meeting other robots and people on the way to your escape but, you have to be very careful not to let them capture you along the way.(So there is some stealth to it.) There will be a multitude of choices you can make to change your ending. (Kinda like Undertale) In fact i'm using the same game engine that was used for Undertale.(GameMaker Studio: Pro)

Small bit of trivia:
I made BGM: triumph and SFX: Game Over 2 years ago for a MegaMan 2 Hack that I never finished.

Hey, I program very well in GameMaker Engine too. Maybe can I help you with programming stuff???
My nickname is "Roddy" now, my Minecraft days are over. I just can't change my nickname here. Oh well...

MegaByte

Postby MegaByte » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:17 am

Its my first time using it( Besides playing around for a bit ) Have any tips for a beginner.
Heheh funny

craftrod

Postby craftrod » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:42 pm

MegaByte wrote:Its my first time using it( Besides playing around for a bit ) Have any tips for a beginner.

GameMaker isn't hard to use, just keep playing around with codes, study how every single command works, like: move_towards_point, script_execute, surface_create, and others. I know there is a lot of commands, but it's pretty easy to program.
My nickname is "Roddy" now, my Minecraft days are over. I just can't change my nickname here. Oh well...

MegaByte

Re: NO.54 OST thread [WIP MMC5/VRC6]

Postby MegaByte » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:08 pm

NO.54 OST V.2.3 is here. Sorry I skipped a few verions on here. ANYHOO... I've made a decision to take the ost into Famitracker VRC6 for the NES parts and deflemask for the FM and C64 parts I have planned. So here it is, Enjoy. :D
Attachments
NO.54 OST V.2.3.ftm
Beta 5b Required
(135.8 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Heheh funny

MegaByte

Re: NO.54 OST thread [WIP MMC5/VRC6]

Postby MegaByte » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Ignore That the comments still days V.2.1
Heheh funny