Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Divine Bloodlines (Richter Belmont's Theme) [2A03]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Jir-0

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Divine Bloodlines (Richter Belmont's Theme) [2A03]

Postby Jir-0 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:26 pm

The tempo is a bit slower than usual, but I guess this works. Not 100% satisfied, but at least I finished it.
This is clearly inspired from Warheart's CV1 Project pls don't kill me
Attachments
Castlevania Rondo of Blood - Richter Belmont's Theme (Divine Bloodlines) [2A03].ftm
0CC-FamiTracker 0.3.14
(18.48 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

Gors

Re: Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Divine Bloodlines (Richter Belmont's Theme) [2A03]

Postby Gors » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:45 pm

this sounds very good and is reminescent of the first Castlevania :)

MechaGrapefruit

Re: Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Divine Bloodlines (Richter Belmont's Theme) [2A03]

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:56 pm

Not bad! At times, it sounds like you've either got some wrong notes or you've picked one some of the less prominent notes out of chords when reducing to a single channel. Some of the longer notes get a little grating, because nothing much happens with them - maybe play around with vibrato. Some work on the volume balancing might help too - you don't need as much volume the higher in pitch the note is.
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -
Bleep bloop, bleep bleep bloop.

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:11 pm

Wow! Amazing! Really sounds like something out of the first Castlevania. I do agree with MechaGrapefruit that there could be some vibrato. Nevertheless this a great cover! Do you guys think this could be done in Castlevania's sound engine? Some of it would need to be edited, but I think this can be done. Anyway, good job!
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

Joblez_I

Postby Joblez_I » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:27 pm

What a groovy Cover! Makes we want to dance. Has a very Castlevania 1 vibe with it's lack of DPCM and emphasis on the bassline. Mind if I ask if I can use this in a Rom Hack I'm working on for Castlevania 1? I'll give you credit in the credits.
I like the chips and the tunes
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJ-If ... N1KknMZTpA (I rarely upload to youtube btw, I'd really recommend listening to my soundcloud if you want my stuff)

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/joblez_i

Jir-0

Postby Jir-0 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:45 am

Gors wrote:this sounds very good and is reminescent of the first Castlevania :)

Thank you!

MechaGrapefruit wrote:Not bad! At times, it sounds like you've either got some wrong notes or you've picked one some of the less prominent notes out of chords when reducing to a single channel. Some of the longer notes get a little grating, because nothing much happens with them - maybe play around with vibrato. Some work on the volume balancing might help too - you don't need as much volume the higher in pitch the note is.

This is pretty helpful! I'll keep these in mind.

BioMechanicalDude wrote:Wow! Amazing! Really sounds like something out of the first Castlevania. I do agree with MechaGrapefruit that there could be some vibrato. Nevertheless this a great cover! Do you guys think this could be done in Castlevania's sound engine? Some of it would need to be edited, but I think this can be done. Anyway, good job!

I think it could be possible to port in CVI's sound engine. maybe...

Joblez_I wrote:What a groovy Cover! Makes we want to dance. Has a very Castlevania 1 vibe with it's lack of DPCM and emphasis on the bassline. Mind if I ask if I can use this in a Rom Hack I'm working on for Castlevania 1? I'll give you credit in the credits.

Go ahead! I'm looking forward to it.