My game music

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
bidy2014@web.de

My game music

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:44 pm

I am working on game since the 1th of January 2016 and i created some music for it. I just wanted to find out, what other people think about my soundtracks and if they can be used for levels and cutscenes.
Attachments
d1.ftm
First version of d1. Until now, i dont know what this thing can be used for.
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
d1 vcr7.ftm
VCR7 version of this thing.
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
d1 v.ftm
My newest version. Contains some epic VCR7, but also an 8-bit nes version in one piece of musi.
(5.95 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
b14 intro2.ftm
This is my intro soundtrack. You can when you start the the game and see the "made by bidy2014" box.
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
ABV FI.ftm
This will be used for Airbase lvl2. VCR7.
(8.24 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
AB.ftm
I made this for the airbase level, a flying fortress with some skyscrapers on it.
(8.08 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
PS.ftm
I made this as theme for Professor Stupid, the evil guy (not a mastermind or a genius) behind everything bad, that happens in the main story of the game.
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
stealing.ftm
This was my first soundtrack that made sense. At this time i didint knew, bout this muting trick, so i used instruments with 0 Volume instead. Worked pretty well. There is only one problem: Whatever i try to compose or play on my piano, after 10 minutes i start playing this soundtrack.
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
"I'm...wierd." - describing myself, November 2018
Oh and if you're bored you can send something to this:
[URL] B14music@web.de

bidy2014@web.de

Re: My game music

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Almost forgot the best!
Attachments
fg.ftm
Some final decision stuff. Has some tringle noise beats.
(5.26 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
[URL] B14music@web.de

MagicSpider

Postby MagicSpider » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi.
What kind of game will be this ? The musics are cool, "d1 v", "d1 vrc7", "fg" and "b14 intro2" are my favorites. You should make more catchy musics (For a boss battle, final battle, ect) because they are all depressive/sad. "d1", "d1 vrc7" and "d1 v"; with more instruments/catchy notes, should be a perfect sad-rpg-like final boss battle theme. Really, this stuff is cool, keep working for your game. If you need some help, i'm always on the original post session.

bidy2014@web.de

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:06 pm

MagicSpider wrote:Hi.
What kind of game will be this ? The musics are cool, "d1 v", "d1 vrc7", "fg" and "b14 intro2" are my favorites. You should make more catchy musics (For a boss battle, final battle, ect) because they are all depressive/sad. "d1", "d1 vrc7" and "d1 v"; with more instruments/catchy notes, should be a perfect sad-rpg-like final boss battle theme. Really, this stuff is cool, keep working for your game. If you need some help, i'm always on the original post session.

At first, i must tell you that im not a "real" programmer, im only a scratcher, which means im using scratch (almost everyone knows what that is, im propably wasting time explaining this, but i want to be nice so i do it anyway) , a free program that is really effective and really easy to use, but UNBELIEVEBLE powerful for 2d-games. (A few people even 3d stuff with it. I dont´know how that was possible.) But now: The game i was talking about.
Until now the game has the title "Sad War". "Sad War" will be a retro-styled 2d Sidescroller with some Openworld, Boss fights differnt levels and LOTS of different guns and weapons. Actually, the first level is already finished and online, but its still kinda work in progress. The Story and stuff is already finished. First i will finish the levels and the game engine (I dont even own any game engines, because im not so super hardcore programmer 8-) like other people) and make everything bug-free and working, then i will add stuff like better graphics and cutscenes and stuff. Im 5/10 in Pixelart but i keep getting better. Just like my work with famitracker. Well... While working on the game i found out, that im more musician (i cant even play an instrument or stuff so im not a musician, i know) than a programmer. But i dont care, i keep working. I have only one problem: It's a one-man-project (I'm the "one-man") so stuff takes time. But i just can't give up my first realy good project. Thanks for the feedback, i really appreciate it, that some has time for my stuff. (Why do i call everything say stuff? I dont know)
EDIT:
Forgot to say "Thank you!" to you.
Attachments
Swe20.ftm
Some Credits or Ending music, to show you, that not all my music is depressive/sad. :D
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
BHBG.png
My first Pixelart
BHBG.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
Airbase.png
Some Pixelart, that shows the airbase.
Airbase.png (996 Bytes) Viewed 1116 times
Last edited by bidy2014@web.de on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[URL] B14music@web.de

bidy2014@web.de

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:12 pm

MagicSpider wrote:Hi.

I think i should explain something. d1. d means drama, 1 means its the first version of this song. v means variations, becuse d1v has alot of them. fg means Forever green, because green is the color of the main Character and this soundtrack will play when he decides to not change to the organisation of Professor Stupid. I dont think i must explain what b14 intro2 means, because i already did.
[URL] B14music@web.de

MagicSpider

Postby MagicSpider » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Your game sounds intersting ! It will be hard to make it on Scratch I think. I'm not very very good in Pixel art, but I could help.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Highrise beta level
Capture.PNG (14.55 KiB) Viewed 1114 times

bidy2014@web.de

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:09 pm

MagicSpider wrote:Your game sounds intersting ! It will be hard to make it on Scratch I think. I'm not very very good in Pixel art, but I could help.

It is not easy, but possible. I think i will use a scrolling system like in the nes megaman games, where the levels are ussually are splitted up.
Explanation for picture:
The red lines are the "next-cell-border". When you cross them the next piece of the level will be loaded and the last piece deleted out of working saver. In most of the nes games the loading takes about 10-5 secs. The black lines are undestructable Levelborders, or obstacles. The only difficulties cold be with laying objects that can be pushed or collected. Those must stay at one point of the level. It works with scratch, but sometimes it looks a bit wierd.
Also: Youre pixel art is INDEED! pretty good! 8-) I worked on High Rise. I will post this at your help thread too.
Attachments
(WIP)_ OST_bidy2014_edit_fixed.ftm
(97.05 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
MMlvlexplanationt.png
The explanation
MMlvlexplanationt.png (8.11 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
Last edited by bidy2014@web.de on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[URL] B14music@web.de

MagicSpider

Postby MagicSpider » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks for the edit, this music is old as my first musics (+ 8 months), so I don't know how to finish it. the Frames 0C and 0D are my favorites. Your game, have you more levels than air base ? With Enemies, bosses ect, with an Intro level stage ?
Edit: I've seen you edited Desert Base. Me, I finished It:
Attachments
Desert Base.ftm
(27.49 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

bidy2014@web.de

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:02 pm

MagicSpider wrote:Thanks for the edit, this music is old as my first musics (+ 8 months), so I don't know how to finish it. the Frames 0C and 0D are my favorites. Your game, have you more levels than air base ? With Enemies, bosses ect, with an Intro level stage ?

Of course :lol: ! The first level will be a city where the main character (his name: P1 (Game is still in development so there arent real names)) wakes up ('cause its mornin') and goes to work. On the way to work he meets the second main character (K1) , a programmer, military guy and creater of the R-bot series. (Fighting Bots with personality chips. Well exept R1 (oldest R-bot, has a minigun) he has no real personality. All that stuff happens before the bomb drop, so in this level are no enemies. At the end of the level you can talk to K1, who tells you about a bomber (a bomber is a plane, that drops a bomb.) (hes working at the military so he should know this stuff, right?) which is on the way. Then he starts talking about his underground base in the desert (No i didn't took this idea from your OST, even if it looks like) and asks you if you want to go there with him. Then you can make the first decision in the game. What happens then isn't clear until now, but next day K1 will pack his stuff, P1 will call him and ask if he could come with him. Inthat moment purple and pink jets and a giant bomber starts flying above the city. P1 tells K1 per phone about this, and K1 says P1 must come to him as soon as possible. Then you can play as P1 in his appartment and have to pack stuff together. Im not sure if i want to do with or without limited time. Then when everything is packed, P1 will leave the building and WALK!! to K1. K1 has a car, so they plan to drive to K1s base. Then the bomber starts dropping some tiny robobugs with laser cannons. K1 gives P1 a laser mashinegun, P1 doesn't want to shoot stuff, but he climbs on the top of the car and K1 starts driving. Then you drive through the whole city (doesn't take as long as you may think) you'll have to shoot some of those robo-bugs. Then K1 drives out of the city and gives you a rocket launcher, because 3 jets chose to follow you. You won't have to destroy them you'll just have to survive 1 minute, till you reach to the base. There will be an 0.127% chance to see a secret on this way, but i don't wanna spoil it, because you may wanna play the game when its finished. Then P1 and K1 enter the base and you will see a cutscene where the whole city explodes. Then there will be a cool title stuff with with some cool music, not dramatic/sad, with some scenes of the destryed city. No violent stuff, no corpses, no blood!! At least in the cutscenes. I'm still searching for an explanation for that, but im no brutality-fatality-guy. After this epic introduction you'll live 5 5-minute-days in the base, full of dialogues, decisions, and upgrades for different skills. And you willa lso be able to choose the players main ability. Until there are Cemical-Guy,Shotgun-guy,Explosive-guy,Mashinegun-guy and Sniper-Guy. You can choose one main ability and two bonus abilities. Those decisions will change some of the defense and escape levels. Changes like using handmade chemical-bombs, landmines, or just directly attack them. From the beginning of the game you'll have +2 on every aming stuff, because p1 is a totally deadly sniper (just like me! never mess with me in Pixelgun 3d! Woohooo!! 8-) ) And then there will be different levels or missions with bosses and jump and runs. But those maps are still kinda openworld, because after you killed all the bad-guys, you can visit the area again and look inside houses and find secrets, weapons, books, items,.. etc. You can also find some NPC's there which you talk to. But back to the levels. So.. 2 Levels at some places in the city, one thing in a jungle or forest, An underwater Base, The Airbase of course (a wierd place full of :geek: 's, :ugeek: 's and Scientists), of course a beach, 2 nightmare levels (not like Max Payne, different) one with a steam engine in the underground, which is about to explode, White Winter 1-2, one level in a foggy swamp and then the final level when you defeated all bosses where you attack Professor Stupids wierd and totally crazy base. Then before you start beating him up he will start talking to P1, trying to manipulate him, bring him on his side, and P1 will say never and in this moment Professor stupid will fly away with his wierd wheelchair activating some selfdestruction, so you'll have to rush through a huge wierd building full of enemies. For this level is the forever green soundtrack, by the way. And then there will be an ending i don't wanna spoil. Of course there will be more levels and of course you'll be able to visit every place in the city, the beach, and other stuff. My Challenge is to get a total of 25 Levels, at least 10 secrets, and many many locations you can visit. Phew, writing needs it's time.
[URL] B14music@web.de

bidy2014@web.de

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:08 pm

MagicSpider wrote:Thanks for the edit, this music is old as my first musics (+ 8 months), so I don't know how to finish it. the Frames 0C and 0D are my favorites. Your game, have you more levels than air base ? With Enemies, bosses ect, with an Intro level stage ?
Edit: I've seen you edited Desert Base. Me, I finished It:

Wow! Desert Base is so good now! The bassline the speed the rithm... everything fits just perfectly.
EDIT:
Cool! You got 2 Samples from Gradius 2 in there!
Last edited by bidy2014@web.de on Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[URL] B14music@web.de

Return to “Original Music”