[N163] SAVE the WORLD from Undertale

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
User avatar
VGT
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:27 am
Location: The Antarctica
Contact:

[N163] SAVE the WORLD from Undertale

Postby VGT » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:15 am

Another song from Undertale.

Maybe, with what little power you have...
You can SAVE something else.
Attachments
SAVE the WORLD.ftm
(21.31 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

User avatar
PaulMannIV
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 3:03 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Re: [N163] SAVE the WORLD from Undertale

Postby PaulMannIV » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:06 pm

ow
Ow.
OW!
Damn 8-channel hertz.

Truth be told, I came listening to this after listening to the best damn VRC6 cover of it I've heard. The background harmonies need to be more dynamic and heard; to me, at least, they're ungodly quiet. When they ARE louder, there's no vibrato, no real change in volume to make it interesting...nothing.

If you have longer notes, you need some change. A 4xx effect, some volume changes here and there that make sense (like slightly lowering or raising to accompany the rest of the song for those parts).

Sorry, I'm also pretty tired.
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?

User avatar
DynamiteManEXE
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:31 pm
Location: Behind your door
Contact:

Re: [N163] SAVE the WORLD from Undertale

Postby DynamiteManEXE » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:26 am

Basically everything Paul said.

From my perspective, it could use more dynamic hard hitting percussion to really get its groove on. Also that interlude that pops in at frames 15-16 feel rhythmically rushed.

I mean granted, I don't know your vision, just throwing the possibility out there.

PaulMannIV wrote:Truth be told, I came listening to this after listening to the best damn VRC6 cover of it I've heard.


Oh ho, whose version would that be? S8]c

User avatar
VGT
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:27 am
Location: The Antarctica
Contact:

Re: [N163] SAVE the WORLD from Undertale

Postby VGT » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:59 am

PaulMannIV wrote:ow
Ow.
OW!
Damn 8-channel hertz.

Truth be told, I came listening to this after listening to the best damn VRC6 cover of it I've heard. The background harmonies need to be more dynamic and heard; to me, at least, they're ungodly quiet. When they ARE louder, there's no vibrato, no real change in volume to make it interesting...nothing.

If you have longer notes, you need some change. A 4xx effect, some volume changes here and there that make sense (like slightly lowering or raising to accompany the rest of the song for those parts).

Sorry, I'm also pretty tired.


DynamiteManEXE wrote:Basically everything Paul said.

From my perspective, it could use more dynamic hard hitting percussion to really get its groove on. Also that interlude that pops in at frames 15-16 feel rhythmically rushed.

I mean granted, I don't know your vision, just throwing the possibility out there.

PaulMannIV wrote:Truth be told, I came listening to this after listening to the best damn VRC6 cover of it I've heard.


Oh ho, whose version would that be? S8]c


Thanks for your comments!
I'll try to make it better at my leisure.
Feel free to modify this file if you wish.

User avatar
VGT
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:27 am
Location: The Antarctica
Contact:

Re: [N163] SAVE the WORLD from Undertale

Postby VGT » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:09 am

I fixed something.
- Fix the "rhythmically rushed" part in frame 14-15 (now is 14-17).
- Modify the percussion to make it somewhat "more dynamic" (don't know how to make it that "DYNAMIC").

More modifications are coming!
Attachments
SAVE the WORLD Modified.ftm
(26.92 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

User avatar
PaulMannIV
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 3:03 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Re: [N163] SAVE the WORLD from Undertale

Postby PaulMannIV » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:44 am

There are probably one or two other edits I should make, but it's 3:30 in the morning and work has tired me out.

Here's my own personal edit to it that I think you need to continue to modify, personally.

For starters, I have reduced the N163 channels to 6 to remove the hum, making it much easier to listen to. All I did was use the extra parts towards the end and removed the lower harmony notes, a classic strategy even when using the VRC6 chip to get more notes in.

Next, I'm throwing in a pitch and tempo-corrected version because people like me are tired of this version being the covered one. It also has an additional edit. Namco Channel 6, Frame 17. You'll hear it.

DynamiteManEXE wrote:Oh ho, whose version would that be? S8]c


Truth be told, I pitch and tempo corrected yours behind the scenes, too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Attachments
SAVE the WORLD Pitch Modified.ftm
(26.97 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
SAVE the WORLD Modified.ftm
(26.87 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Should I know what this "VRC7" is and why my friends want me to learn it?

User avatar
VGT
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:27 am
Location: The Antarctica
Contact:

Re: [N163] SAVE the WORLD from Undertale

Postby VGT » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:07 am

PaulMannIV wrote:There are probably one or two other edits I should make, but it's 3:30 in the morning and work has tired me out.

Here's my own personal edit to it that I think you need to continue to modify, personally.

For starters, I have reduced the N163 channels to 6 to remove the hum, making it much easier to listen to. All I did was use the extra parts towards the end and removed the lower harmony notes, a classic strategy even when using the VRC6 chip to get more notes in.

Next, I'm throwing in a pitch and tempo-corrected version because people like me are tired of this version being the covered one. It also has an additional edit. Namco Channel 6, Frame 17. You'll hear it.

DynamiteManEXE wrote:Oh ho, whose version would that be? S8]c


Truth be told, I pitch and tempo corrected yours behind the scenes, too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Well, maybe we have some different insights.
I think that's like what Chinese say, "radish or cabbage, each to his own delight".
Anyway, thanks for your edition. I learn something from that :)