Announcing 057-FamiTracker

Questions and information regarding the source & NSF driver.
HertzDevil

Announcing 057-FamiTracker

Postby HertzDevil » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:01 pm

057-FamiTracker is a suspended version of 0CC-FamiTracker; it is a special build that supports only the vanilla FamiTracker subset of module features, but otherwise shares all the improvements in 0CC-FamiTracker. I realized that such a build would have many benefits:

• FamiTracker users will be able to enjoy the user interface extensions in 0CC-FT, without needing to worry about compatibility issues;
  • Similarly, they can receive bug fixes for the vanilla branch, some of which are rather severe and have been present for many years;
  • They can more easily transition to 0CC-FT once they get used to the workflow in this build;
  • Such a build can prevent 0CC-FT itself from maintaining too much legacy code and checking version compatibility during run-time;
  • It will serve to highlight the interface features of 0CC-FT that I believe are underrated compared to its module features.
The first 057-FamiTracker build is scheduled for release after 0CC-FamiTracker 0.3.15.0, using vanilla version 0.4.6. More details will be available later.
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

Gamma

Re: Announcing 057-FamiTracker

Postby Gamma » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 pm

+1 2 this post

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Cool. I like to see the release!
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

Milos

Postby Milos » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:13 am

:thinking:

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Nice! It's been ages & honestly, since the current FamiTracker project seems stagnated, it looks like your update's now the de facto standard. Sorry for being late in the game; life's just been busy for me.
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology!)

http://techemporium.bananabo.xyz/

Milos

Postby Milos » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:05 pm

TechEmporium wrote:Nice! It's been ages & honestly, since the current FamiTracker project seems stagnated, it looks like your update's now the de facto standard. Sorry for being late in the game; life's just been busy for me.

This project is probably dead considering that there were no mentions about it since the announcement and the fact that hella broken 0CC version was left a year ago without any updates.

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Ah. I misread the post date on that... Just to show how long I've been gone from the place.

That's life; the most we can do is make our own forks of the project.
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology!)

http://techemporium.bananabo.xyz/

Return to “Source and development”