N163 Wave Analyzer Download?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Bruce A. Dyson

N163 Wave Analyzer Download?

Postby Bruce A. Dyson » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:53 am

I've heard of a plugin for Audacity that takes a small chunk of an audio file and uses it as a N163/FDS waveform/instrument designed for use in Famitracker and 0cc-Famitracker in mind. There is a post on the old forum about it, though it doesn't consist of a download link or attach file. All there is attached is the n163.ny.
I love to know a lot more about obscure soundchips!

Alright, since megamanrocks2003 was banned from this forum, we can continue with everyone else's great music. No more of mmr's bad stuff!

Yung Gotenks

Re: N163 Wave Analyzer Download?

Postby Yung Gotenks » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

the .ny file is a plugin file. You're supposed to install the plugin into audacity.
You can look up how to install audacity plugins yourself on google. From what i recall, it's pretty easy to do.
Fun fact: My username here is the same as my youtube channel!
Check it out.

Bruce A. Dyson

Postby Bruce A. Dyson » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:14 am

Thank you so much! Left-clicking on the n163.ny opens a text file in my Chrome browser. Am I supposed to right-click and select "Save As"?

Alright, since megamanrocks2003 was banned from this forum, we can continue with everyone else's great music. No more of mmr's bad stuff!

Bruce A. Dyson

Postby Bruce A. Dyson » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:14 am

Yung Gotenks wrote:the .ny file is a plugin file. You're supposed to install the plugin into audacity.
You can look up how to install audacity plugins yourself on google. From what i recall, it's pretty easy to do.

Well, right-clicking n163.ny only allows you to save an internet shortcut, so that doesn't help that much at all. I would like it in a compressed ZIP archive folder.

JetStar1997

Postby JetStar1997 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:24 am

I'm probably late for this, but n163.ny is supposed go into the Audacity plugins folder and then it can be selected from the plugins window in the program

Return to “General Talk”