[VRC6] Awake - Castlevania: CotM

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
SirPrimalform

[VRC6] Awake - Castlevania: CotM

Postby SirPrimalform » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:03 am

A VRC6 cover of the tune Awake from Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. This is not my favourite Castlevania game by a long shot but it's probably my favourite music from this series.

This might be the first thing I've ever actually finished on Famitracker. I'm not entirely happy with the mix, but you've got to call it finished at some point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJHTZUdNbSA

EDIT:
Awake.ftm
(27.52 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Last edited by SirPrimalform on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

wispybowl

Re: [VRC6] Awake - Castlevania: CotM

Postby wispybowl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:13 pm

Upload your ftm, dude.
I have no signature.

SirPrimalform

Postby SirPrimalform » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:21 pm

At one time I would have done, but that absolutely colossal thread about that serial thief made me think twice.

Is there a particular reason you want the FTM?

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Uploading your .ftm or your .0cc file is the community norm here because it makes it significantly easier for people to listen to and critique your work. If you just have a video or an audio file, people can only tell you what they hear, without any real guidelines on how to fix these issues. By sending your module file, members can directly look into each channel and instrument to tell you exactly what you can improve and what you're doing well. Additionally, people can make edits to your module to demonstrate their advice, and they can also learn production and composition techniques by studying it.
While the PPixelation event led to a lot of fear and discussion on these forums, don't let it discourage you. It was an isolated incident (the only other known FamiTracker plagiarists either stole from other sources or were just trolls) and the community is now much better-equipped to find and handle plagiarism. Not posting your module would only continue the harm that PPixelation did to this community's spirit.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

SirPrimalform

Postby SirPrimalform » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:00 pm

Teuthida wrote:Uploading your .ftm or your .0cc file is the community norm here because it makes it significantly easier for people to listen to and critique your work. If you just have a video or an audio file, people can only tell you what they hear, without any real guidelines on how to fix these issues. By sending your module file, members can directly look into each channel and instrument to tell you exactly what you can improve and what you're doing well. Additionally, people can make edits to your module to demonstrate their advice, and they can also learn production and composition techniques by studying it.
While the PPixelation event led to a lot of fear and discussion on these forums, don't let it discourage you. It was an isolated incident (the only other known FamiTracker plagiarists either stole from other sources or were just trolls) and the community is now much better-equipped to find and handle plagiarism. Not posting your module would only continue the harm that PPixelation did to this community's spirit.

Well put!

Awake.ftm
(27.52 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

SirPrimalform

Postby SirPrimalform » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:24 pm

I'm least happy with the mix in this, so if anyone has suggestions...

SirPrimalform

Postby SirPrimalform » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 am

Wow, this community really died. :(

SirPrimalform

Postby SirPrimalform » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:48 pm

wispybowl wrote:Upload your ftm, dude.

I did...

JonKaruzu

Postby JonKaruzu » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:08 am

Yeah, It's dead.
Fixed some tunings
Attachments
Awaku.ftm
(27.45 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Please stop!!! Yuzu Is Back on FT Forums and how to destroy sites huh?

SirPrimalform

Postby SirPrimalform » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:21 pm

JonKaruzu wrote:Yeah, It's dead.
Fixed some tunings

Ooh, cool thanks. What did you change? I can't remember if I changed any tunings.

Return to “Cover Music”