Raspberry Pi port using Winelib

Questions and information regarding the source & NSF driver.
PinoBatch

Raspberry Pi port using Winelib

Postby PinoBatch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:12 am

FamiTracker 0.4.6 and 0.5 beta 5 work in Wine on a PC with an x86 (or x86-64) CPU and X Window System. But this doesn't include the Raspberry Pi line of single-board computers or other devices with an ARM CPU.

Winelib allows compiling Wine-compatible Windows applications for Linux and *BSD on non-x86 CPU architectures. In theory, this would let you bring up FamiTracker on a Raspberry Pi, as an alternative to using Qt. Would this be a worthwhile goal?
If MMC5/VRC6 is a crutch, then VRC7 is a wheelchair ♿

TechEmporium

Re: Raspberry Pi port using Winelib

Postby TechEmporium » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:23 am

Sorry for the late reply, as life's been quite busy with me for a while (& I can't believe that my account's been here for just under 10 years). :shock: I should take more time to actually contribute here more.

Anyways, I honestly think it's a neat idea to be able to cross-compile Windows-based programs to ARM, but at this point, I'd rather see it first get compiled on Windows IoT than on Raspbian. And at the same time, WINE still runs on Raspbian &, even though it'd be nice to have a native port cross-compiled from the original source, why reinvent the wheel when FamiTracker Qt exists? But I digress.

If you feel it's a worthwhile goal to cross-compile FamiTracker & port it to Raspbian, go for it. And if you bring up the project idea to the guys who created Batocera, RetroPi, RecalBox & Lakka, they might take interest in it too.
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology!)

http://techemporium.bananabo.xyz/

Mr Engino

Re: Raspberry Pi port using Winelib

Postby Mr Engino » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:31 am

I'd love to see a port of famitracker to raspbian, it'd allow me to use my pi as a mobile music station!

Return to “Source and development”