In this project, members of the Famitracker Forums cover already made songs from a specific video game soundtrack in which the community has voted for. For the sake of reference, I've included some guidelines for what should be followed.
- 1. Only one song at a time per person.
2. The limit for calling dibs for each person is 5 times. We don't really need one person covering the whole soundtrack.
3. Members can use whichever expansion chip needed to cover the song needed. The only limit is your creativity. As for the organization, all the songs will be kept in a folder/zip.
4. Usage of references are allowed, whether it be looking at a .midi or looking at the games files. As long as the end product sounds great, I'll allow it.
5. You may stylize the song if you want. It can range from a simple cover of the song to a complete remix. I must ask that you should at least make the main melody recognizable.
6. You must send me your finished .ftm through PM.
7. You may pick another song once again if your song has been completed and sent to me.
8. If I do give your song the greenlight, then you may post it in this thread.
9. The maximum time it should take to make a song is 1 week. If you called dibs on a song and still haven't PM'd me the song, I will send you a PM and/or contact you through e-mail. If I didn't receive a response from you within 2 days, the song shall be available once more, for people to call dibs on.
10. The most important part of all: have fun!
EDIT: I just figured out that you must have a client in order to hold a channel. I'm not on my own PC at this moment, so the IRC chat must wait until I'm at home (which is on Monday.)
Here is a chat that I made for the purpose of this project.
Put your username and write the channel name. The channel we will be using is called "#ftm" (without quotations). I might not be online all the time, so please try to respect one another and keep discussions only for this project. Otherwise, find yourselves another chat to talk about things in your life.
Here are the songs from Thunderforce IV (Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... B4713E7D2A):
- 1. Lightning Strikes Again - Opening Taken by SamW
2. Don't Go Off - Stage Select Taken by MovieMovies1
3. Fighting Back - Stage 1-A Taken by Mojitone
4. What!? - Stage 1-B Taken by LarryLarington
5. Evil Destroyer - Stage 1-Boss
6. Space Walk - Stage 2-A Taken by MovieMovies1
7. Danger!! Danger!! - Stage 2-B
8. Attack Sharply - Stage 2-Boss
9. The Sky Line - Stage 3-A
10. Air Raid - Stage 3-B Taken by YobaHere
11. Simmer Down - Stage 3-Boss
12. Sand Hell - Stage 4-A Taken by Zalaan3
13. Where!? - Stage 4-B
14. Strike Out - Stage 4-Boss
15. Battle Ship - Stage 5-A
16. Stranger - Stage 5-Boss
17. Neo Weapon - Docking (Thunder Sword) Taken by PostApocolyptica
18. Great Sea Power - Stage 6 Taken by za909
19. The Breaker - Stage 6-Boss
20. Sea Of Flame - Stage 7
21. Rancor - Stage 7-Boss
22. Metal Squad - Stage 8 Taken by ImATrackMan
23. Phantom - Stage 8-Boss
24. Down Right Attack - Stage 9
25. Recalcitrance - Stage 9-Boss Taken by Shywolf
26. The Danger Zone - Stage 10
27. War Like Requiem - Stage 10-Boss
28. Shooting Stars - Easy Mode Ending
29. Silvery Light Of The Moon - Normal Mode Ending
30. Light Of Silence - Hard Mode Ending
31. Love Dream - Maniac Mode Ending Taken by Scooblee
32. Stand Up Against Myself - Staff Roll Taken by PostApocolyptica
33. Dead End - Game Over
34. Count Down - Continue
35. Tan Tan Ta Ta Ta Tan - Configuration
36. Because You're The Number One - Ranking 1st Taken by jaxcheese
37. Remember Of ＜Knight Of Legend＞ - Ranking 2～10th
38. The Stars - Ranking Demo
39. Omake 1
40. Omake 2
41. Omake 3
42. Omake 4 Taken by TheMudkipMaster12
43. Omake 5 Taken by Amilgi
44. Omake 6 Taken by TheMudkipMaster12
45. Omake 7
46. Omake 8
47. Omake 9
48. Omake 10
Red = Taken, but not sent
Green = Taken and completed
If you need to contact me, I'm available at email@example.com. Otherwise, shoot me a PM!
(You guys can use this thread to just call for dibs or for posting your completed music!)