Journey To Silius Vrc6

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
TheNoobHunter

Journey To Silius Vrc6

Postby TheNoobHunter » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:08 pm

So, I was messing around with the nsf importer and I noticed that stage 2 from Journey To Silius on NES lined up perfectly with the 256 row default of nsf importer, so I dedided to layer a vrc6 version onto the original song with some minor tweaks. I know it's lazy and basic but it sounds good. This is my first time back on the forum since it restarted so tell me what you think.
Attachments
Journey To Silius Vrc6.ftm
(387.69 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

Turbonaator

Re: Journey To Silius Vrc6

Postby Turbonaator » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Not bad, but it would be alot neater to look at if it didnt go 999km/h infront of your eyes.
One thing i found annoying was that sometimes the vrc tracks would cut out and be replaced with the square ones. Makes me think that this is incomplete...

ollaxe

Postby ollaxe » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:31 am

Well, this is way too lazy. This is one of thoose things I'd usually keep for myself. And just like turbonaator said:
Turbonaator wrote:One thing i found annoying was that sometimes the vrc tracks would cut out and be replaced with the square ones. Makes me think that this is incomplete...
I found that really annoying too. Why did you only use 5 different patterns per channel on the VRC6? As he said, it sound incomplete, and that makes it feel even more lazy.

It sounds pretty okay, but I don't really like this. I think you should consider making real covers, or at least less lazy ports.
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:26 pm

While it sounds pretty good, the VRC6 tracks being replaced with the square ones makes it sound awkward. It's ok, but it could be a lot better, if you actually try doing something different with the different channels.
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.