Triplet Calculator

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
danooct1

Re: Triplet Calculator

Postby danooct1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:25 am

i have no idea why everyone is so pissed at the OP, jesus christ calm down people.
famiTRACKER

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:28 am

danooct1 wrote:i have no idea why everyone is so pissed at the OP, jesus christ calm down people.

I'm not really even mad, I was just making a point.

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:38 am

@danooct1: Sometimes it can be hard to calm down when you're getting insults thrown at you like that, but it depends on every person. At any rate, what happened here is not welcome at all.

@Scomo: Learn to deal with criticism in a proper way, instead of throwing insults at everyone. This behavior is NOT accepted here, so don't do this again.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

ollaxe

Postby ollaxe » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:46 am

Scomo wrote:No, no - I was just responding to your hidden and passive aggressive "I even have an A in math" comment that you feel gives your initial comment legitimacy. Coward. But seriously, WHY all the hostility on these forums? We're all creative types - why so toxic??
I think you missunderstood something, because I didn't mean for that to be passive agressive at all. I had it in the post as a small extra little fact thingy, but I hid it so that I wouldn't sound like I was bragging about myself. I did not mean for that to be passive agressive at all. If it was anything I didn't want to become it was enimies with you, but thanks to your triple "fuck you" and calling me "coward"... I don't really care anymore. You should know that killing fire with fire doesn't work and that these are the FamiTracker support-forums, not the fucking comment-section of youtube.
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:12 am

^ This is true. Please keep your rude comments off of this and instead rant about this on Tumblr or in any random YouTube video.
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:49 pm

8BitZtunerYT wrote:...and instead rant about this on Tumblr or in any random YouTube video.

My favorite venting tactic? By the time you've typed up whatever raw emotions you really want to say, instead of hitting Submit, hit that little "X" on the page tab instead. Because sometimes you don't need anyone to actually see it so much as just get it out of your system.

Walking away for 24 hours or so to calm down and let things age also helps. The last thing a discussion thread needs is a rapid sequence of replies back and forth between two users....

Anyway, here's a somewhat more interesting calculation than simply whether your tempo allows exact triplets:

Stability = LCM(60 * Engine * Speed, 24 * Tempo) / (60 * Engine * Speed)
(aside: the 60 and 24 can simplify to 10 and 4, or 2.5 and 1 respectively)

If the result is 1, your tempo is 'stable' (i.e. consistent # engine cycles per row). Otherwise, it indicates the # of rows across which your tempo is stable; e.g. if your tempo is 240, your stability is 4 (meaning if you have 4 rows per beat, then each beat as a whole is stable, despite that the rows within each beat are not).
Last edited by Stratelier on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ultimate_Xeallar

Postby Ultimate_Xeallar » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:06 pm

i have no idea why everyone is so pissed at the OP, jesus christ calm down people.

Excuse me, what? Are you missing the fact he pretty much spit in everyone's faces when people told him his calculator wasn't useful/up to snuff?
Anyways, Dr. Merio summed it up well, Scomo. Don't flip out when someone doesn't give you a buttpat for your "calculator".

kfaraday

Postby kfaraday » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:17 pm

hey, i like this! the colours are neat too (my only thought is it could use approximations for "uneven" triplets, since that tends to confuse people much more)

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:19 am

Scomo wrote:
ollaxe wrote:Thanks but no thanks, I can do math in my head whenever I'd need it. I even have an A in math... So yah.

And I have a double-Masters in Applied Mathematics and Statistics from UC Berkeley but if you decide put a tool up that isn't helpful to ME I'll just keep my mouth shut.

(Emphasis my own.)

I cannot even begin to explain how much I stand behind this response, and everyone who gives Scomo flack for his rebuttal completely missed the point.

ollaxe, no matter what you were trying to convey by adding that little extra sentence there and then hiding it out of (I presume) cowardice, it was absolutely uncalled for and makes you sound like a pretentious preteen junior schooler. So hooray for your A's in maths, and next time someone posts something that isn't meaningful to you, put your mouse cursor on the 'back' button and look for a thread where you'll be able to bring something relevant to the table.

Ultimate_Xeallar wrote:

Excuse me, what? Are you missing the fact he pretty much spit in everyone's faces when people told him his calculator wasn't useful/up to snuff?
Anyways, Dr. Merio summed it up well, Scomo. Don't flip out when someone doesn't give you a buttpat for your "calculator".

I saw three responses directed specifically towards criticism. The first one was a quid pro quo against Xyz for using a shortcut after calling out Scomo for promoting the use of another shortcut – perhaps not the best response, but I saw nothing offensive or uncalled for in that. The second one I just covered. The third one was directed towards HertzDevil for making the correct (but nitpicky and perhaps annoying) remark that this isn't a 'calculator' but rather a lookup table. Again, not wrong, but it didn't feel like a necessary addition to the discussion, and I can see why someone who spent some of their own time to make a tool for the community to use freely would find that kind of response irritating. I would have reacted the same way.

The Scomo bashing fest arose from the misunderstanding surrounding ollaxe's passive-aggressive hiding behind the colour tag to coward away from people calling him out on his pretentiousness.
Follow me on Twitter.

ollaxe

Postby ollaxe » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:08 am

jrlepage wrote:
Scomo wrote:
ollaxe wrote:Thanks but no thanks, I can do math in my head whenever I'd need it. I even have an A in math... So yah.

And I have a double-Masters in Applied Mathematics and Statistics from UC Berkeley but if you decide put a tool up that isn't helpful to ME I'll just keep my mouth shut.

(Emphasis my own.)

I cannot even begin to explain how much I stand behind this response, and everyone who gives Scomo flack for his rebuttal completely missed the point.

ollaxe, no matter what you were trying to convey by adding that little extra sentence there and then hiding it out of (I presume) cowardice, it was absolutely uncalled for and makes you sound like a pretentious preteen junior schooler. So hooray for your A's in maths, and next time someone posts something that isn't meaningful to you, put your mouse cursor on the 'back' button and look for a thread where you'll be able to bring something relevant to the table.
I really didn't mean that as cowardice, and I'm very sorry if it sounded like it. And I guess you're right about the stuff I marked in green. Sorry, I'll avoid stuff like that in the future. And sorry, Scomo.
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.

Return to “General Talk”