- What steps can I take to make sure that the music is more usable for the programmer(s) to implement into their development?
- Are there size limits to individual tracks? I know that FamiTracker allows for limitless frames, but how much space can be used on a NES game to be used for audio?
- How do I sort out sound effects? Should they be separate songs in FamiTracker or in one song? Is there something I can do in FamiTracker that would allow for the sound effect to return back to the background music after the sound effect is finished playing?
- Are there specific Song Settings I should use (e.g. Speed, Tempo, Rows, Frames)? I understand that the NES does not build its tempo on BPM but on some kind of "clock" (whatever that means; my knowledge of NES hardware/software is limited). Would changing the Speed or Tempo in the settings affect how the game is programmed? This includes the Fxy function.
- Expansion audio (e.g. VRC6, FDS, Namco 163) can only be used on Famicom games, right? If the ROM of a game with expansion audio implemented were to be played on the 2A03-only NES, would the expansion audio simply not play or would that lead to complications? I presume that any music with DPCM is playable on the 2A03, no expansion needed.
- How should I export the music data to the programmer? I presume BIN and ASM would work.
Say for instance, I would use this FTM file for a Metal Gear NES/Famicom game.
Would that be able to be played on a NES and/or Famicom?
Thank you for your help!
This forum also appears here: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/17605 ... rom-hacks/