Adding more channels, Triangle specifically

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ConsoleCrazy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Adding more channels, Triangle specifically

Postby ConsoleCrazy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:14 am

Hey everybody, I'm fairly new to FamiTracker, and I was wondering if there was a way to add a second Triangle channel. I made a drum sound that I really like on triangle, but I'm using triangle for the bass line. I don't really like the way the drums sound on DPCM, and it's just a few simple tom hits that happen in unison with the bass notes.

Thanks for your help!

Dr. Merio

Re: Adding more channels, Triangle specifically

Postby Dr. Merio » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:23 am

You can add either the FDS or N163 expansion chip to achieve this, and then make an instrument that uses a triangle waveform.

You can read about them in the wiki:

My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars.

ConsoleCrazy

Postby ConsoleCrazy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:26 am

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:27 am

refactoring

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:41 am

Another valid option which is similar to Hertzdevil's last suggestion, is to just run two modules simultaneously with this
http://famitracker.com/forum/posts.php? ... =7512#7512
>:( Fuck you hentai boy i hate you squid anus

Return to “General Talk”