[WARNING: 0CC] The Colorful Waterfall [2a03+vrc6+mmc5+n163+fds+vrc7+s5b]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
GJRM

[WARNING: 0CC] The Colorful Waterfall [2a03+vrc6+mmc5+n163+fds+vrc7+s5b]

Postby GJRM » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:13 pm

WARNING!!!!

it's 0cc...............haha.....

Hardware mixing levels:

apu1: +7.0 dB
apu2: +12.0 dB
vrc6: +11.2 dB
vrc7: +3.2 dB
mmc5: +9.4 dB
fds: +10.7 dB
n163: +9.0 dB
s5b: +0.0 dB

Enjoy! :D
Attachments
TCW.rar
(9.59 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
i like blue, red and hats. My name is GJRM! (I know how to clap with one hand)

TheJuanCarlos64

Re: [WARNING: 0CC] The Colorful Waterfall [2a03+vrc6+mmc5+n163+fds+vrc7+s5b]

Postby TheJuanCarlos64 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Don't submit RAR Files since People doesn't use WinRAR or WinZIP.
WARNING: OLD ACCOUNT
Sorry for the Old Username :/

GJRM

Postby GJRM » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:16 pm

TheJuanCarlos64 wrote:Don't submit RAR Files since People doesn't use WinRAR or WinZIP.

I will try to find some program that does not use RAR, but not now

GJRM

Postby GJRM » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:19 pm

GJRM wrote:
TheJuanCarlos64 wrote:Don't submit RAR Files since People doesn't use WinRAR or WinZIP.

I will try to find some program that does not use RAR, but not now

or you can download some program that opens RAR file

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:50 pm

First, let me talk about your channel economy, or lack thereof. Simply put, there is no reason at all to have that many chips in your module; I could easily make your song with half the chips. Using a large amount of chips bloats your module and can even make it too large to upload in some cases.
Furthermore, using that many chips makes creating the song a massive pain, since you have to balance and edit that many more channels. I can see that this is already an issue for you, considering that you had to manually edit the Mixer settings to get it to sound balanced. People generally do not like to change their Mixer settings and then change them back just to listen to a song, especially if they're using custom settings to begin with.
The last issue with using multichip is that it limits how much you can learn about each chip. When you're used to just adding in every single chip when you make a song, you miss out on the opportunity to carefully study the unique qualities of each chip and become skilled at using them. I recommend that you try to make songs with only one or two chips in the future so that you can really strengthen your knowledge of them. Once you've mastered all 7 chips, you can try multichip again.

Composition-wise, the song is rather bland. It has a good start, but it never goes anywhere. There's no melody to speak of, the chord progression is completely static and uninteresting, and the instrumentation barely changes. There's nothing wrong with having a repetitive section of a song, it's just that yours is not interesting enough to repeat that much in the exact same way. Take a look at "Geographica" by RushJet1: his song is very similar to yours, with a VRC7 ostinato that stays pretty much the same throughout the piece. In that song, however, the rest of the song moves around the ostinato, creating some very nice harmonic elements. The ostinato also changes instrumentally, losing and gaining different instruments as the song goes on. Another thing that sets "Geographica" apart from your song is that there's actual melodic content. There are multiple sections to it, each adding its own flavor to the song, making it more memorable and enjoyable for the listener.
To end this review on a high note, your basic idea for the song is good; it just needs some variation. I also liked the rising sine wave that appeared in some parts of the song.
I hope this helps you!
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

Return to “Original Music”