Rush

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
renegade723

Rush

Postby renegade723 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:31 am

Was trying to make a faster song but I don't think it goes anywhere interesting. Any suggestions?
Attachments
Rush.ftm
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

arethere

Re: Rush

Postby arethere » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 pm

I like seventh chords. Seems like you are heading in a good direction with making music as far as I am concerned. I don't think it was uninteresting. Frame 3 was a nice change of instrumentation.
That said, I am not sure some of the dissonances are intentional. For example in frame 05 you have a pretty irregular second chord in your progression. You've got a lot of minor seconds and tritones in there. If this is the effect you want, then that's fine but if you were not sure what chord to use, maybe try a B Minor 9 (B D F# A C#). You can voice chords in different ways as well.
Overall you did a good job.

Esot-Guild

Postby Esot-Guild » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Nice job! That's something I like to hear as I woke up not a long time ago ha ha! Continue your work!
Hi! My name is Martin Chiasson Duguay, if you're interested into a partnership with me, I'll be taking offers.

martincd93@gmailcom

RushJet1
Forum Staff

Postby RushJet1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:09 am

So the dissonance in Frame 05 partially comes from the fact that you're using 2 custom instruments and one is overwriting the other one. The notes are off by a 5th interval due to the way the instruments are set up, so it sounds more dissonant.

I messed around with the early parts and added a square melody.
Attachments
Rushedit.ftm
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

renegade723

Postby renegade723 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Where do I download the latest version of Famitracker? I keep trying to listen to new songs on here but keep getting told my version is to old

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:46 pm

There are actually multiple 'latest versions' of FamiTracker:
The version you'll see the most on these forums (but not necessarily elsewhere) is FamiTracker 5 Beta (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173), but there are also 2 other forks of the program that have extra features (and are fully compatible with all regular versions of FamiTracker), 0CC-FamiTracker (http://hertzdevil.info/programs/) and j0CC-FamiTracker (https://github.com/jimbo1qaz/0CC-FamiTracker/releases). I personally recommend using one of the forks.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

Return to “Original Music”