Tim Follin - Agent X [2A03]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
sup3rsmash8

Tim Follin - Agent X [2A03]

Postby sup3rsmash8 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi!

So, I am kinda new here... But I started using FamiTracker back in 2013, and been using it from time to time. I haven't really exposed myself that much, but I have a bunch of random modules on my hard drive that I one day want people to pay attention to. :P

Like many NES/chiptune enthusiasts, my biggest VGM idol is Tim Follin. In terms of music making, he has meant the world to me, and to show my gratitude to him, I've made this little cover of a song he made for an old ZX Spectrum game called "Agent X." Making the cover took little over a weekend, about 7 hours total (all done by ear, by the way!). It's in 60hz, but pitched down to sound more like 50hz, as Tim is an European composer.

Please let me know what you think, feedback (positive or negative) means the world to me! :D
Attachments
Agent X 2A03.ftm
(46.67 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

ollaxe

Re: Tim Follin - Agent X [2A03]

Postby ollaxe » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:32 pm

As a Tim Follin fan myself, this is a really good cover. You managed to capture his NES style really well.

Additionally, this one is much less painful to listen to than the original, so that's always a plus. :P
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.

Return to “Cover Music”